the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Back from Sick Land

I'm back. I got sick for a week. Fever and then throwing up everything I eat. I actually lost weight from the whole ordeal. It could've excited me to lose that much weight in a few days but I'm not happy about it because I was so sick then and I don't want to even recall how I felt while I was sick. I was so weak that all I wanted to do was to lay in bed the whole day (but even sleeping made me sick). On the third day I started vomiting and on the third day my tummy was empty, I finally asked my father to bring me to the emergency room. After hours of waiting for tests results to come back they came back negative from any illnesses. So the doctors figured I must have eaten something that upset my stomach. They prescribed tummy medicine like Nexium and Plasil for the nausea.

I take Plasil on a regular basis since it was prescribed and it makes me ridiculously sleepy. Yesterday I took an exam and didn't know how long I would last with my eyes open. When I came home I crashed into bed and woke up still sleepy! Like crazy sleepy! I couldn't keep my eyes open. And good thing Tito Jon told me that Plasil actually makes one sleepy! Yikess. So I stopped taking it for now. Otherwise I'd go through the day without finishing anything!

So now I'm slowly going back to the daily grind. Today I worked on timesheets and spreadsheets for work and designed the Indayog Sayaw Manila 3 streamer. All this since lunch time. That's three hours. I haven't even gotten off this computer chair yet! And I'm still in my pajamas! yeowww.

I hate to go back to my computer geek self because my uncle might be right-- being in front of the computer all day (or maybe it's the Ibuprofen) is taking a toll on my health. But responsibilities come first so yeahh...

I'll update more when I feel like it. Good news is that I've stopped vomiting. Food in the stomach is way good news because I get my strength from what I eat. Without food in the tummy for four days can be excruciating for the body. I just wanted to fall into an induced coma so everything would pass. And it did. Praise the Lord! :) I still went to the wedding, though. That made me even sicker because I wasn't feeling well during the whole trip.

More later. Or tomorrow. Or next week.

I have mad catching up to do on all your blogs. Sheesh. This is going to be hard. Hehe.

See you, kids!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger selle said...

hi gail! im glad to know youre slowly coming back from being sick. just take it easy! rest wellÜ

6:29 PM  
Blogger Aletha Jane said...

i was wondering where you are cos you've been MIA for a while. maybe you got food poisoning like winston. he suffered the same thing weeks ago. i'm glad you're feeling better. rest and eat well!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

SELLE: thanks! I'm slowly getting better now. I'm going to be the happiest girl alive when I stop taking nausea meds.

:)

JANE: Yeow! Talaga? What did he eat? I don't know what I could have eaten but it might be the shawarma. :/

7:25 AM  
Blogger Aletha Jane said...

kumain sya sa burger machine. then after nagvomit na at may fever. nakakapraning, akala ko dengue! pareho kasi symptoms. hehe

8:36 PM  
Blogger Maria Bella said...

Gaily! Welcome back :) I missed your blogs~

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home