the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Nung Sabado

Saturday is "chat noon" with my relatives from the U.S. I had a great time chatting with them! I'm glad our helper woke me up at 12pm for "chat noon" HAHA! :D My cousin Julius is adorable! Especially when he fell asleep on the couch (I saw via webcam!) because it was already way past midnight.

In the evening Alej and I met up with his family at Glorietta. We had dinner at Dusit Thani (they serve YUMMY thai food). Too bad they have very teeny weeny servings but it's fine for me as long as the taste is rated a perfect five by me. I love Asian food. I grew up living in Myanmar and we fly to nearby Thailand every summer or Christmas so Thai food places first in my heart followed by Korean, Burmese, Japanese, and Indian food (when it comes to cuisines).

And then we went to Toby's. These are funny pictures of Alej with the humongous shuttlecock and tennis ball HAHA!











I realized yesterday that Holidays AND weekends are a great excuse to stuff your face with food and desserts. I ended my day last night with a grande chocolate cream chip and a slice of chocolate peanut butter crunch from Starbucks. I shared them with Alej , of course. But mostly I devoured them all. Went home in a happy disposition and a very happy (but bloated) tummy. I felt guilty, yes. But it's the holidays. It's a great excuse to gain weight! :P

That was the lighter side of my Saturday but the darker side is about the Saddam Hussein execution. I think I'm the only person who's not happy about it. Where is the justice in executing a person? I'm no radical Catholic or pro-life or any of that but I just feel that executing a person is like emancipating him from suffering for his atrocities. Sentencing a criminal to life in prison is way better than just executing him. At least by sentencing him to life he gets to live by the consequences of what he did and there's more suffering/punishment that way.

Then again, this is just me.


I hope you guys have a very safe new year. Don't drink or eat too much or carelessly light firecrackers, dudes!

HAPPY NEW YEAR SA INYONG LAHAT! :)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ang laki ng shuttlecock, panalo!

May this year bring
More Blessings
Good Health, Success, Joy
And Love to you and your family
Happy New Year!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Joseph Forest a.k.a. Joselito L. said...

what happened to Chinese food??? you don't like Pao Tsin???? hmmmmpf!!!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Maria Bella said...

Gaily~ I'm glad you guys got to join us for chat nite~ Try to fix the webcam so Julius can see you!

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home