the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas is a great time to feel nostalgic

I miss my Myanmar (DSY) friends! I was going through my childhood best friend's Friendster and I saw these pictures:


Esther (my childhood best friend), Christine, a girl I don't know, Patrick, Rehan, Phyo, and a boy I don't know. They probably came to DSY after I left.



Esther, Patrick, and Phyo. I've known Patrick the longest because we were classmates since nursery until 4th grade! And he was my childhood crush. HAHA! That's really a long time. And then Esther came when I was in 2nd grade. She lived here in the Manila too when she was younger because her father is a pastor. And Phyo, I think he came in third grade from London.


I remember this building at the Diplomatic School Yangon! It was still brand spankin' new when I left there in 4th grade!


Note: Photos are from Esther Lian's friendster, by the way. Thanks, esther! :D

WOW! They all went home for Christmas (not that all of them are Christians but well...). Esther and Patrick are studying in Australia, Phyo lived in London for a while but I think he's home in Yangon for now. And I got a message from Phyo in Myspace that he and Patrick are going to Thailand for five days and that they want to know my number because maybe they could call a bunch of old friends from there. I hope they call! I miss them all!

Maybe next year we can all have a grand reunion of some sort and meet halfway or maybe I can go back to Myanmar once I save enough for a trip like that. I hope they're going back to Myanmar, though.

* * *


That Dreaming with a Broken Heart song by John Mayer is a suicide song. At least for those who are brokenhearted. And he just had say "and she's gone, gone, gone, gone, gone" like pounding a jackhammer into a brokenhearted boy's heart in five consecutive blows. Ouch.

I'm waiting for Papa to bring me home takeout from McDonald's or Jollibee. Whichever he passes by to buy me large fries and caramel/chocolate sundae. :9

I already finished seasons one and two of House, still downloading weekly episodes of the third season of Grey's Anatomy, and I've downloaded the first six episodes of the third season of Lost. Yey! :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home