the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Ho! Ho! Ho! Still haven't gone shopping, OH NO!

AHA! So there will be another World Pyrolympics on 29-30 December 2006 and 5-7 January 2007! I am so ecstatic! I went last year and it was my first time. Nevermind the hassle we had to go through just to get to the viewing site. This was the time before Mall of Asia opened and viewers have to walk from the parking lot to the entrance proper and then a jeepney ride from there to the site. Hassle! But it was December and it was cold. You would have enjoyed it if you went. I'm glad there's another one! I'm definitely going. I'll drag my father and my sister. Perhaps Tito Lynn and Tito Jon can join us! :D

Last year I went with Alej and Angela. But this year Alej is going to the province with his family from next week until after New Year. And I can't help but be sad because the Holidays for me is spending it with the ones I love in remembrance of Jesus's birthday. And not being able to see Alej this Christmas is like slicing a big chunk of holiday cheer and throwing it out the window. :(

I haven't started on my Christmas shopping. Nothing new. I always do this. I always TRY to avoid the holiday rush but ALWAYS end up going last-minute shopping. I hate the holiday rush. Lines are doubley long and my patience is doubley cut short. But it's Christmas so why be a Scrooge about it, right? I'm supposed to start this Saturday with Bea and Krish but then there's another car show this week. WHY OH WHY DO THEY HAVE TO CLASH ON THE SAME DATE? Ah well!

I'm still on dial-up, by the way. The PLDT people will hear (AGAIN!) from me tomorrow.

Toodles! Goodnight, kids!

10 Comments:

Blogger Maniniyut said...

hi gail.

i subscribed to smart bro recently. it offers the same rate and speed as the lowest plan of mydsl. ok naman since pldt infrastructure rin. kapag nakulitan ka na sa pldt, try mo smart. no installation fee - just pay the first monthly bill and in 2-3 days connected ka na.

i am familiar with this template. i think you used this a year ago. eto pinakamaganda sa lahat ;)

5:03 AM  
Blogger Maria Bella said...

I love watching firework shows~ I used to watch the 4th of July fireworks show when we lived in NY~ Sounds like fun...count me in! j/k

5:51 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

ABET: Yeah, a friend uses that too. Ewan ko ba. Oh well! :) We'll see how it goes.

Yup, I used this a year ago. Sharp memory ha :D Hehe!

TITA: yeahhh! Fireworks are awesome! :D

12:39 PM  
Blogger jon go said...

i also do my christmas shopping when it's already last minute. thankfully i can go out on weekdays so there're still less people...

by the way, you're still on dial up??? sigh... wireless is so convenient...lol and dol :P

4:16 PM  
Blogger hera said...

hi gail! :)

my mom was (she's retired...effective a few days ago) from pldt. that's why i always get calls from my friends (even from my teachers) needing phone and internet repair. so maybe i can help you. :)

pyrolympics again? wow...i remember last year that i went there the same day as you did. di nga lang kami nakalapit ng todo dahil we arrived there verrrry late. nagbaywalk na lang kami. :( i hope to experience it more this year. hah. :)

4:26 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

TITO JOHN: you're mean! HMP! :P

HERA: Wow, yeah. I guess I can use the help especially now that one week na yung internet problem. GRRR.

And oo nga noh? That was a year ago when we spoke sa phone and we were both rushing out to see the pyrolympics that evening. :D Better be there earlier to avoid the traffic. I'm going to be really sad if I won't be able to go. :/

4:50 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Ooh! World Pyrolympics! I remember bumping into you and your sis at the Shell station last year! :) Maybe I'll bump into you again this year =P

I'm actually done with my christmas shopping... including the shopping for JR this year. I finished everything last Saturday so I can get it out of the way na. =P Good thing, 'coz now my mom assigned me to buy presents for my cousins... and I'm 90% done! =) Whee! I love shopping for other people! :)

12:18 AM  
Blogger selle said...

hi gail! we missed the pyrolympics the last time so we hope to catch it this year. thanks for writing about it!

3:40 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

ANNA: haha! yeah i remember texting you HAHA! :D hopefully, we won't be stuck at the gas station this time. we'll actually see the fireworks up close! :D

And i'm envious! you're already done? gahhhh. i have to battle the holiday rush. i hate hate lines. and too much people at the mall. :/ crowded malls are annoying.

SELLE: wheee! go! it's a spectacular event! :D i had fun ooohing and aaahing :D

1:07 PM  
Blogger PHIL said...

Please correct your schedule.

See here:
http://www.worldpyroolympics.com/program/schedule.php

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home