the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Beware of the Holiday Rush

I just got home from the nearby mall. OHMYDEARNESS! SAVE YOURSELVES! Don't go to the malls! This evening there were a lot of people! They seem to have a lot of money to spend for the holidays especially the kids! The toy section and baby stuff section were crowded too. Horrible, horrible! I'd avoid the mall for a couple of days at least after the Holidays are over because it's really stressful. Then again, shopping IS shopping.

It's amazing how money seems to flow into the wallet easily during the Holidays. Or may Alej is right. The wallet he gave me is good luck and my old one was jinxed. Papa has been generous lately and not just once but twice! (parang Bear Brand lang!):D Whee! And my boss has been generous too-- granting me a 13th month pay. From my part time job here at home, it's really generous of him to pay me that much. Awesome! So of course when we hit the mall or bazaars, I can't resist from buying stuff. Last week when I met with my Abu Dhabi high school friends at SM MOA, Jane and I splurged on a bag at Terranova because it was on sale (we bought different kinds, of course). It's funny how we were staring at the bags we liked and after contemplating for a good five minutes we set the bags of choice on the counter and let the cashier punch in the codes. HAYAYAY. I shall consider it a Christmas gift for myself. Of course, that AND the new pair of wedges, tweed pants, blouses, newsboy hat, and celphone pouch. Kill me now, I am a slave of petty consumerism.

The get-together with high school classmates was really fun. AS IN REALLY FUN. We see each other a few times a year and the last get-together we had was the most fun.

From my phone:




Photo knicked from Jane. Thanks, dear!

Kirby and Josh joined us too. Also Cara, Darwin's girlfriend and Mark's little brother (he's not so little anymore hehe).

Lastly, look what greeted me when I opened my mail!!!! :D:D:D



A pro account for my Flickr! YEYYY! Thanks, TITO JON! and Tito LYNN Me ♥s YOU guys!!! :)

Speaking of thoughtfulness, these cupcakes are from Sam and Reggie:



Receiving cookies or any baked goodies for Christmas is one of the most thoughtful gestures ever. That's why I wanted to bake brownies this year and give it away but I'm not sure that's going to happen.

These are frosted cupcakes from Sam and Reggie. As a thank you note, I texted Sam and Reggie by saying:

"Thanks for reminding me that Christmas isn't just about the material gifts received. It's also about the food!"

I was joking, of course. I mean, it's half-meant because who could say no to good food especially baked goodies for a sweet tooth like me? But the best part of receiving is the thought that comes with each gift. It doesn't have to be extravagant. As long as the person who receives is happy, then that should be enough. In my case, I was happy because the box of mini cupcakes I received last Saturday was my first Christmas gift for this year. :)

Oh, cupcakes and 13th month pay (even if I'm just partime) made my day. That's more shopping money (for gifts and for self) for me!

I'm tired. I'm going to wrap my father's Christmas gifts to his friends and then I'm hitting the sack. Good night folks! Have a happy Christmas. :)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger jon go said...

you're very welcome gail..we were thinking about it before.. then suddenly, it appears on your christmas list... :) tito lynn also got his as a gift, i had to get my own because i found out that only 200 photos can be viewed..

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home