the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Keeping Time

As I write, Alej is on the road to Manila. YEYYY! It's about time! I've missed him so much, really.

How was your Christmas? Mine was well spent even if some unexpected things happened. It's all good now. Today I went with Papa to the dentist (she happens to be ate's ortho too). I had to wake up at 8am in the morning. Actually, my father woke me up. I didn't want to go but I had to hand the dentist her copy of the third season of Grey's Anatomy that I copied for her from the computer to CDs. After that in the afternoon Papa, ate, and I went to the mall to pay the bills. We had dinner at Wendy's (TRIVIA: my favorite burger fastfood joint!). I love love love Wendy's! So when Papa asked if we really wanted to eat burgers for dinner ate and I said "Oh, yes!". It isn't Papa's thing to eat junkfood for meals. He likes eating rice.

Oh, my four watches' batteries died so we had to get them replaced too. I don't collect watches it's just that I didn't even know that I have five watches already. The first three are from Papa and Mama-- they bought them for me when I was in high school and all of them are Fossil because we're into brand loyalty (HAHA) like Colgate (we've never used any other toothpaste EVER!!). And then the fourth Esprit one is from Mama. The fifth one is still a Fossil from Alej. He gave it to me on my twenty-first birthday. Currently, I have a knack for chunky watches-- ones with leather straps on them. The white leather ones are nice to look at. Wearing a watch and keeping time has been a thing for me since I started caring abou time. So when I leave the house in a hurry and forget to wear a watch, I feel like I'm naked or something.

When I was younger my watches were the Disney kind and lateron my family had another Swatch loyalty. Tito Lynn would give us Swatch watches as Christmas/birthday gifts and when a family friend went to Switzerland, my parents ordered one for each of us back in Myanmar. Except mine (a maroon one with roman numerals on them) was stolen during a Girl Scout overnight camp back during JASMS days. And I still know who stole it I just didn't have enough guts to fight for what I knew when I was in fifth grade. I felt like I was going to be the one in trouble instead of the one who stole it because I was already in trouble with my mother.

I also had a favorite faux leather Minnie Mouse watch. Mama bought it in a department store in Yangon. I loved that watch because Minnie's hands were the hands of the watch. It was pretty and shiney.

Ahh well. I miss my Swatch watches. I don't remember if Mama was able to keep our old Swatch watches. :/

So anyway, we went home right after because the mall was packed with post-Christmas shoppers. There were a lot of happy faces (particularly those with NOKIA paper bags). Tra-la-la. It's after Christmas and everyone's rich except me. Heeh. :)

I'm looking forward to the Pyrolympics. I don't know when I'm going. I'm also looking forward to a new camera in Feb. *giddy*

A lot of surprises and life turning events await for me in 2007. My only wish is that everything will work out just fine and... everyone's going to be happy. :)

Lastly, I heard this song on the radio this morning. And I love it. I love JoJo. I'm a fan because she's so talented and her songs are catchy and soulful. :)

This Time (JoJo) -- this song makes me want to dance!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Maria Bella said...

We are definitely related~ I love watches and I love JoJo~ Your Tito Billy makes fun of me sometimes and calls me a teeny-bopper :)
Anyway, glad you had a wonderful Christmas~

3:18 AM  
Blogger Bluejedi said...

Maligayang pasko and a prosperous 2007. Have a safe new year blast!!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Iskoo said...

am getting hooked to grey's. maganda kasi talaga. gustong guto ko hospital set-up na tv series. have you seen House MD? Happy new year!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home