the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Monday, January 1, 2007

First Blog Post for 2007

This song shall be my theme song for 2007. In a world where material things abound and where we get confused about what really makes us happy, sometimes we need a nudge to get us back on track.

Simple. That's The way it's got to be this year.

So Simple (Stacie Orrico)
Don't need high heels
For a good feel
You can keep the fancy clothes
I'll take walkin in the rain
Over things material
I'll trade Melrose and the big names
Give me faces that I know
Just play a melody that everybody knows

Take it down, down, down
And strip it to the core
I don't really need much less is more, more, more

[CHORUS:]
True to life, true to me
The way it's got to be
So simple, so simple, so simple
Live to love, love to be
Absolutely free
(so simple, so simple, simple)

Give me wisdom, plain and truthful
Teach me somethin I don't know
Plain as education, inspiration I suppose (yeah yeah)
Give me family, on a Sunday
And I'll be just fine
There's nothing in the world
That's worth more of my time

Take it down, down, down
And strip it to the core
I don't really need much less is more, more, more

[CHORUS x2]

Livin my dream, is my song to the world
(let 'em hear it)
Sharin' my soul and spirit
I'm hopin that you hear it
Got one (one) life (life) to live (live)
It's only what you make it (make it)
Every new day's a chance worth takin

[CHORUS x2]


My sincerest gratitude to everyone who played roles in my life in 2006 (and the years before that too...). Thanks for the friendship (both new ones, old ones, and lost ones). Thank you for making me who I am today. Thank you for being another reason why life is liveable and more enjoyable. Thank you for being patient with me.

To those that I've hurt (unintentionally), I am deeply sorry for whatever pain I caused you.

Cheers to 2007, I hope we all have another great year. Continue living with GOD. Peace, love, good health, and prosperity to all of you and your families! :D

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger KAI said...

Gail, you double-posted this entry. Must've been some booze from last night's party, eh? Hehe, just kidding. Anyway, I'm looking forward to exchanging more stories with you in 2007. Have a lovely new year, Gail! :)

4:27 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

GAIL: haha! i didn't even drink! :P my friends like to tease me that i'm always high (naturally, of course) :D

Yes, kai! cyberworld better watch out for our (mis)adventures for 2007! looking forward to you stories as well! :)

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home