the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Sunday, March 9, 2008

nth epiphany

Sometimes I feel as if there is too much Energy within me that's driving me to become my free spirited, go-getter self. It's a good thing, they say. But it's also scary because I'm afraid of waking up one day and realizing that there were so many things that I wanted to do but failed to go after.

The Energy is overwhelming. It sometimes drowns me in frustration for being stuck in the middle of some place where I don't want to be. It's like being stuck in a Bell Jar (Sylvia Plath)-- you can see everything out there from the inside but there's a lid that's suffocating you, immobilizing you from getting out of the jar. And I realized that the only "lid" that's covering my Jar is Fear. Fear from taking risks and fear of my worries of not wanting to explain myself to anyone who interferes with the decisions I make.

It's crazy, when you think about it. But maybe that's what's wrong...I think too much. Maybe I just have to live life the way I want to without worrying to much about The Others (a.k.a. people who don't matter, people who can't keep their criticisms to themselves).

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger JUN said...

i've stopped thinking too much-about what's going to happen to my life or what others will say. don't over-analyze the situation, but, rather do what's really right. it's important that you have sense of right and wrong. i know grown-ups here who think they're right but they know they're factual right while they are factually wrong. take care of yourself--drink 8 glasses of water everyday and avoid painkillers cause you might be immune to them and may not work altogether.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home