the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

it's all cool

We've been having crazy weather here in Manila lately. Did you notice how the seasons are all screwed up? Last summer we had the typhoon/rainy season, during the rainy season it was HOT like summer (this stretched on until the Holiday season), and then now the weather is like December because it's chilly. Isn't that weird? Mother Nature is drunk. She got the seasons all mixed up and now we're having mixed up weather because Mother Nature got dizzy from pollutants. It kind of gets to you after a while how everything is starting to sink in-- WE ARE, INDEED, IN THE AGE OF GLOBAL WARMING and it's scary. Imagine if one day we'll all wake up to a SNOWY MANILA MORNING instead of hot humid air we usually have after the morning cool has gone.

I bought a dvd of The Inconvenient Truth at Ruins a couple of weeks ago. I want to watch it because the jumbled seasons get to me-- how can we be experiencing cool weather when it's almost summer?

- - -

Watch Spiderwick Chronicles because it was okay. I HATE HATE HATE how it was our second attempt to watch Juno because it seems like it's my kind of movie but it didn't push through because we were too late. ARGH. But Spiderwick Chornicles, I'd give it four stars for being entertaining and because it feels great to feel like a little kid again. I'm also biased because I like the little kid who played the starring role in Finding Neverland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (both my top movies).

Also in Starbucks last night:

Me: One tall hot peppermint mocha please.
Barista: Ma'am, we don't have that anymore.
Me: Oh, okay. Cafe Mocha nalang, please.
Barista: Okay, would you like to add peppermint to it?
Me: Oh, can I do that? Sige.

Ten gruesome (!!) minutes later my order was served. I took a sip and laughed. Why? IT TASTED EXACTLY LIKE PEPPERMINT MOCHA. HAHA! So they don't have "Peppermint Mocha" anymore but I can customize the Cafe Mocha to make Peppermint Mocha. Parang natawa ako kasi ang labo. It's the same thing with a different name! Parang nakakaloko.

I love EVERYTHING peppermint. At Dairy Queen I always get the Chocolate Chip blizzard and a special shot of peppermint to make it Peppermint Chocolate Chip Blizzard. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Dei Vy said...

spiderwick!! haha. me and mac were like (playing) screaming at each other because his head was.. i dont know.. in jupiter or something. he calls me and asks what my plans were. i told him i was going to watch 'step up 2' with my siblings and then sneak into 'jumper' after. he says okay.. he'll be here. an hour later.. he shows up at my house and we get into his car.. we get to the mall parking lot and he says "can't wait to see SPIDERWICK!!" i'm like.. 'wait.. aren't we watching step up??' *ohmychanningtatumisHOTT* then he goes: no?? you said we were gonna watch spiderwick and sneak into jumper. NO!! i said then he cuts me off and i just kept screaming NO I SAID..!! haha. i dont even know where he heard spiderwick from but it sure didnt come out from my mouth. weird kid i tell ya!!

BUT YEAH.. you should really watch JUNO. i loved it!! good laugh!!

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home