the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

FYI

I am feeling blah tonight. I'm tired. I'm always tired every after driving lesson. Tomorrow is my last day and I specifically asked for a 5pm-7pm schedule so that it would be rush hour and NIGHTIME. I haven't tried driving at night. I'm pooped, as usual. Even after a nap I'm still tired. Doing.

Anyway, yesterday was Ash Wednesday and it was only this morning that I learned from Simoun that Ash Wednesday isn't a Holy Day of Obligation for Catholics. That explained why St. Jude Church wasn't as packed as I expected it to be although I've heard stories of masses yesterday where people pushed to get in line for ashes. Isn't that weird? Everyone gets their turn, I don't understand why they have to push. So the three Holy Days of Obligation are December 8, December 25, and January 1. FYI.

It's almost Saturday. WHEEE! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Dei Vy said...

i went to dinner with my friends last night and i didnt even know i missed ash wennesday. up until someone made a big deal when somebody ordered meat. i'm like.. why? is it lent already?? (i felt so stupid..) anyway, it's not even a big deal if you eat meat or not on friday. it's not like you're going to burn in hell for that. it's just a tradition that started out to promote and help fishermen waaaaaaayyy back in the days. so, yeah, that's out of topic but i'm just saying. cuz a lot of people make a big deal out of the "no meat friday" policy.

now, i need to figure out what i'm going to give up for lent. i wanted to do something big this lenten season but i screwed up.

ok. im leaving.. im just babbling in your comment page. haha.

4:02 AM  
Blogger KAI said...

So how was it, Gail?

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home