the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My driving instructor yesterday WAS NUTS. I said I wanted to practice my parking and he said the best way to learn was to go to the nearby mall's parking building. I didn't know what to say, I mean, I thought they always do that-- practice in public parking areas like that of the mall. So he let me drive and beause I was driving stick, I had a hard time entering the parking building. A LOT of security guards were there and I was already causing traffic (GULP) so I panicked because I was under a lot of pressure. I swear I already know how to operate a manual car especially when it's HANGING but the pressure made my brain not to function. So the security guards were all bitchy and I was about to burst into tears even if they were scolding my instructor and not me because I was a poor little driving student who didn't know anything *bats eyelashes and pouts lips* (NOT!). So my instructor agreed that he would drive to get into the building. So we switched places and got away with getting into the public parking.

It was scary at first, parking. But I did pretty well and I did the parking excercise for like three times. Of course, I scared the car owners in the parking area because stickers were stuck to my practice car DRIVING STUDENT so whenever I'm maneuvering the car to park, I'm sure they get sweaty. HAHAHA! I love it! I can't say I hate my instructor for putting me in the situation because it gave me a glimpse of how hard it is for newbie drivers like me to be put under pressure. I learned that if you panic first before thinking, NOTHING good will come out of the situation. Plus, he did teach me how to park properly in a parking area, didn't he? All is well!

Charge it to experience!

My instructors also think that I drive well now compared to my other days. My engine doesn't die anymore (woohoo) and my u-turns are smooth now compared to my other tries. Trucks and buses along the highway give me jitters but to hell with them, no guts no glory!

Go me! =)

3 Comments:

Blogger KAI said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:03 PM  
Blogger KAI said...

I practiced in an apartment complex and my school's parking area. It's a whole lotta crazier, but it really helped. So I'm pretty sure the mall parking was just as helpful. Have you done parallel yet? One you're really ready. G'luck!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

KAI: I did the parellel, horizontal, and vertical already. My intructor said I'm ready. WHOPEEE!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home