the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I never claimed to be special

According to an ANONYMOUS comment poster, I'm insecure and that I'm in dire need of attention that's why I blog and that I think I'm "cool" and "angat sa iba". There's plenty more where those judgements came from. My initial reaction was to get angry, delete the blog posts that triggered the nasty comments in the first place, and delete the entire blog.

A few minutes later I was better again and I decided to keep this. If my presence, this blog, and my life is abhored by someone and if that person cannot swallow my existence...then BE IT. I'm going to keep this blog, I've been blogging for four years and no one has insulted me that way so why stop now when one meaningless faceless coward commenting person threw harsh words my way?

I never claimed I was rich or "angat sa iba" because I'm NOT. Or maybe ANGAT NGA AKO SA IBA kasi lahat tayo ginawang special ni Lord. Di ba? I never claimed that I was this or that. I never claimed to be anyone else I'm not. I don't blog because I love the attention. I blog because I like to write. Would I have kept this blog for four years just to brag about my life? Wouldn't that be tiring and pointless and just PLAIN STUPID? And if anyone else thinks that I've been bragging about my life, well, sorry to rain on your parade but THAT HAS NEVER BEEN MY INTENTION. But if you think that I'm bragging because of the so-called glorious life that I have, well, then go ahead.

I'm not glorifying my life. THIS IS HOW IT IS. No one has the right to judge me just by reading my blog because this is not even 1% of who I am. I'm just living my life and if anyone has a problem with that then there's nothing I can do.

You call me "papansin" or hungry for attention, well, if you think I am that then why are you giving me the so-called attention that I want from the rest of the world? Dear, I hate to break it to you but I like keeping a low profile. THIS BLOG ISN'T EVEN FAMOUS! But if I stand out in your world, then thank you for the attention that you're giving me. And I'm sorry if my presence makes you angry espcially with your ALL CAPS comment and all.

You're very free to not visit this blog anymore.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Forest a.k.a. Joselito L. said...

way to go gail!!!

why cancel your blog just because you got negative comments? if there are people who don't like the tone of your blog, that's their issue not yours.

this blog is for you and not for anybody else's. people who rant against your blog are not ranting about you - they are ranting about their own miserable lives and their own existence!!!

people who rave about your blog (like you!) love and value life and celebrate their own existence!!!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

Hi Tito Lynn,

Thank you for your comment. I feel much better about keeping this blog now. If they have a problem with this, hindi ko naman sila pinipilit dalawin yung blog na 'to.

And yes, I do celebrate life and my own existence and I'm happy with it. No one can ever make me think otherwise!

11:41 PM  
Blogger JUN said...

obviously, he or she doesn't know the "The Secret" in life, still

3:49 AM  
Blogger Paoper said...

Gail, girl, YOU SURE TOLD 'EM! like 'ya for that. (and I used all caps 'coz I'm not used to using a gazillion !s) ;>

Write more!

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home