the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Friday, February 22, 2008

happy, happy

I wasn't able to sleep properly last night because Ala (the little pup-no-more) kept waking me up. It was annoying but she's too adorable to hate so it was okay if I lacked sleep. It's amazing how you can get away with a lot of things when you're cute and cuddly.

So back to my lack of Zs. I woke up at 8AM because I wanted to get to the hospital early to buy some stuff Papa wants me to send to him. I was grumpy and sleepy when the alarm went off but I knew I had to get moving or else I'd miss clinic hours. Less than an hour later I arrived at the clinic and realized that it was before 10am. The clinic was still closed and even the secretary wasn't there yet! But I enjoyed the quiet time sitting outside on the waiting area in the hallway. It wasn't that long a wait until the secretary arrived. There's something different about early mornings at hospitals compared to after lunch hours when the Medical Arts Building is usually buzzing with patients and doctors and you'd have to wait long lines to use the elevators. Today was quite peaceful and everybody seemed calm. No one was in a rush. No one was impatient for waiting too long. Everyone seemed patient except for this woman doctor who seemed to be late for duty because she was practically running in her high heels.

My whole point to this narration of my early morning was that even if I thought that I wasn't a morning person, I actually am. I loved how cold it was this morning accompanied by drizzles of rain. I liked how it lightly dropped on my head, on my skin, and made the ground wet. The mist in the air was refreshing and I just had to love my being an early bird today.

I'd like to do this over and over again-- be some place other than home in the early hours of the morning because I've actually missed that. I hated this when I was in school during the times when I had to be awake so early but sometimes you just really miss the things that you no longer have and no longer feel.

To top off my good morning, here's a list of things that I was happy about:
>> cheap moist fudgey cake from Hungry Pac (three slices for P100!)
>> Vantage Point (Ang ganda, hands down ako). Like Jill, I too, love mid-week movies.
>> ridiculously slaving over my Lomohome. Seriously. I uploaded all the stuff that I have there!
>> mid-week spontaneous dates (haha, may ganon).

I have stuff to do tomorrow. I need to note them all down before it slips my mind. I tend to be forgetful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home