the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Last night I curled like a fetus under my blanket and cried myself to sleep in the dark. I was IN PAIN. I couldn't believe myself when I started crying like a baby. Hot tears were streaming down my cheeks and I didn't even bother wiping them. I prayed. I waited for Tylenol to kick in (it usually doesn't work), and did breathing excercises I learned from a nurse who looked after me when I was hospitalized last year. Intrepid breathing excercise. That's what they call it. Lateron, thanks to Google, I found out that migraine is also caused by lack of oxygen to the brain, which perfectly explained why breathing excercises can be helpful for headaches. Maybe people with frequent palpitations and a heart problem are more susceptible to headaches because of the lack of oxygen to the brain? I'll find out.

I woke up when my sister came home. "Please buy me Advil", I texted her earlier. But I fell asleep and when she came home my headache was gone. I don't know which of the three troubleshooting (haha) techniques helped but I'd like to think that my prayers were answered.

This morning I had another migraine attack but the Advil my sister bought came to the rescue.
Maybe I should take preventive medication. =/
Tags: health, migraine, medication

3 Comments:

Blogger Maria Bella said...

Oh my poor Gaily, these migraine attacks are terrible! I'll send you some Excedrin~ I keep a bottle in my purse, a bottle at work and one at home, I take them like vitamins! It's awful, that I have to be dependent on it~ It does help though, when all else fails~ All that I am able to do when I have my episodes is curl up under my blanket, the light bothers my eyes, I start seeing stars and my head just pounds and pounds with every heart beat~ It makes me dizzy so I throw up if I'm not laying down~ Do you experinece the same?

12:59 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

Tita belle,

Yes I experience the same symptoms. Before it was just one-sided headache but I noticed that these days when I get a migraine attack, it would be so bad that I feel like throwing up. And when my heart pounds, the vein in my temple throbs too and it hurt like hell. When I lie in bed in the dark and close my eyes, I still see flashing lights. It hurt my eyes so I cover my eyes with pillow or something for it to go away but it won't. I usually just sleep it off if I can. =/

Thank you, tita. We're running out of Excedrin anyways.

11:16 AM  
Blogger MEEMAI said...

hi gail, listen to norah jones every night. soothing songs will help you relax too. i got a list of her songs that are relaxing by night... have a worry free day gail!!! lotsa love!!! my oficial blog is yuansue.blogspot- aimee

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home