the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Pocky Day

HAPPY POCKY DAY!



Pocky pretzel sticks were a huge part of my childhood. During the time when my family lived in Myanmar, my father made frequent trips to Bangkok, Thailand for work. I think he was there almost every four months or every other month, I no longer remember. He would bring my sister and I one huge box of junkfood from chips to cookies and chocolates. Everything that screamed "JUNK" was in that box especially boxes and boxes of chocolate and strawberry Pocky! That one huge box of junk treasure would last for a month or two. But because it was full of tooth decay and junkfood goodness, it was always stored on top of a cabinet so it would be out of reach for my sister and me. Clever, eh? We always need to ask permission from our parents before digging through the "treasure box".

Imagine my delight when I found out that Pocky is also available here in local supermarkets (nevermind if they cost so much more), it's still POCKY!

Today I found out that it's Pocky Day in Japan. It's on November 11, 11-11 because the figure "1" resembles a Pocky stick.

Happy Pocky Day all you Pocky lovers. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home