the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Newest Baby

So it was false alarm afterall. The second false alarm. :( My LCA Refurb hasn't arrived yet because it's out of stock at the LSI, I think. But it always pays to be patient so I'm going to practice that now. Good thing I have a new toy to divert my attention to: the HOLGA 135BC!

What is it?
- It's a 35mm Holga. Meaning, you use ordinary 35mm film to feed it.
- It has B Setting for long exposure shots
- It has a tripod mount
- It has a plug for cable release
- It has a multiple exposure capability!
- It has a hotshoe! (good thing I have an external Vivitar flash and a Colorsplash flash coming up)
- Lastly, IT HAS MEAN VIGNETTING LIKE THE LCA!!!
- MORE? It costs way way less than the LCA (but lets not get carried away, the LCA is still the Queen Lomo haha!)

This is a controversial Holga model because according to the few owners who have this kind of Holga, they think it's an illegitimate model because the LSI isn't marketing it. They're not marketing it because it's a good LCA alternative for a low price or it's an upcoming model. I don't know, I'm not sure. It's either a "Frankenstein" Holga or a model that is still in the testing phase and someone leaked it to the market so ta-da! Ebay has it. But I don't know...Frankenstein or not, legal or illegal, I still like it because of it's LCA-ish photos (THE MAD VIGNETTING!) and the capabilities of this fantastic little plastic camera.

So yeahhh...here it is:










I'm so excited to finish my test roll so I can see the photos. But lately I've been confined to the house and there's nothing much to take photos of here. I'll share photos once I get the test roll processed and scanned.

Here are sample photos from the camera from Flickr users. Like I said, there aren't many Holga 135bc users yet so there are only a few photos on Flickr.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhm for a moment there i thought you were pregnant. The title and the first sentence doesnt go well together if you know what i mean hehehehe


Reggie

11:53 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

HAHA, reggie! You're so funny!

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home