the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Chillin' (hehe) On a Friday

It's so cold outside! I can feel it from the opened windows. Isn't it lovely? The weather is cool! Finally, it's cool. But it's a bit hard to appreciate the cold rainy days that have settled over the Philippines especially when there are news of flooding, destroyed crops, and mudslides all over.

I can't believe it's Friday already. I'm hoping tomorrow I could do walking and picture taking at U.P. Diliman but that was before I realized it might rain again tomorrow. I used to love rainy days back when I had to go to school but now that I'm always home on weekdays, I yearn for more sunny days so I can do what I want on weekends. Rainy days are only good for movie dates or indoor (window or otherwise) shopping. Also, rainy days are good when you have a good book to stick your nose onto as you listen to the rain drizzle outside your bedroom window. Isn't it nice to snuggle under your comforter all day and then fall asleep to the singing of the rustling of leaves from the wind outside? I used to love that especially in college when I have to wake up really early for a class and then the news announces that classes have been suspended. That was the best feeling ever.

Now I want to go to Books for Less and see if I can score really good but cheap books. There's one nearby. I might check it out tomorrow. I haven't read in a long time although I already pulled out "The Catcher in the Rye" from my bookshelf the other day after going to Pat's blog. Rainy days are good for catching up on reading.

I think I'll go and make myself a cup of hot Milo now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria Bella said...

omg~ I love The Catcher in the Rye~ I read it with my class back in fifth grade~ It's probably my favorite~

9:56 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

TITA BELLE: Yes, yes. It had a pessimist mood but it was very amusing and you gotta admit, it showed reality and not that sugar-coated types we usually find in some books.

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home