the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Saturday, July 7, 2007

mag excercise tayo! okay?

I spent this day with my parents again and did the same routine-- hospital and then the meatshop! Hah! My doctor's visit was okay especially after he told me that I have the right Body Mass Index (BMI)-- meaning, my weight is normal for my height. In college, I was overweight a couple of pounds. A few hospital trips later, I lost the weight. He also said I'm hypertensive after checking my blood pressure and my previous records at his clinic so he prescribed me maintenance medicine for two weeks (two tablets a day, daily). I should monitor the blood pressure three times a day too and then come back two weeks after to see if I'm okay. He was more alarmed by my hypertension at a young age than the blood sugar count because there is a reason why I have hypertension and we don't know that yet. Thus, the observation for two weeks. He said I should watch what I eat and EXCERCISE if I don't want diabetes to blow over because if I get it this early, I'm going to have to take insulin. We all know that I don't want this to happen. Watching my mother inject herself with insulin everyday is enough.

So I'm going to try very hard to live a healthy lifestyle and yes, excercise is a must. I have to learn to excercise because my doctor says it's the best solution for managing pre-diabetes and hypertension. Dieting isn't an option because he thinks my weight is already okay. He said it would've been easier to just say "lose weight!" if I were overweight-- it helps lower the blood sugar. But the only solution now is to watch out and after two weeks we'll see what happens. I just might enroll myself at a gym or continue boxing. But I need someone to go with. I might ask Alej to accompany me-- we could go boxing, work out at the gym or go jogging at U.P. Diliman every weekend. I really want to stay fit!

We're already in July. Next month is my birthday and after that Mama and Papa are leaving for Brasilia, Brazil. The trip is going to take 3 days! How long is that! There are actually two ways to get there-- via U.S. or via South Africa. Papa took the Kuala Lumpur-Cape Town- Buenos Aires route so they'll be staying overnight in Argentina and then finally Brazil. I'm envious. It's kind of sad especially if they'll be gone for a long time. Oh well, we're going to see each other anyway during vacations. I'm pretty excited for them because Brazil, yey! Awesome. I want to visit!

Now I'm sleepy. It's a gloomy Saturday. It doesn't even feel like Saturday, it feels like Sunday. Saturday is usually the busy day and Sunday the "rest day". I'm back to pajamas because they're cozy and maybe I'll take a nap before my lola's birthday dinner. I'm supposed to meet up with college friends at Greenbelt for Paolo's homecoming but my parents strictly commanded us to be home because it's mommy's (my grandmother) birthday celebration. My sister is at a wedding, though so she's not here.

I'm eating taho because at the meatshop Tito Lynn was eating taho from a humongous plastic container. All that humongous taho for just 20 pesos. Haha!

Good night. :P

2 Comments:

Blogger jon go said...

maybe tito lynn got the taho at the store called vente??? hahahaha

4:53 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

pwede! :P

sarap ng taho haha

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home