the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Cheap Thrills

I feel bare without a watch or a bracelet. I feel bare with nothing on my wrists so when I was in such a hurry a few days ago because Alej was already waiting for me downstairs, I forgot to grab my watch and bracelet. So when I left the house with bare wrists, I was on a mission to buy bracelets. Cheap bracelets.

When we got to Ortigas, I saw this store called "Vente" outside Shangri La mall beside LBC where we dropped off some stuff. Just when I was about to pay for my bracelets, I looked around the store and look what I found:





It's a rubber duckie keychain and a small brush (with pan haha) to clean my laptop's keyboard. I've been putting it off for a while-- cleaning the keyboard. I was supposed to buy one of those paintbrushes at a hardware store but they're too expensive. This brush is for just 20 pesos. They keychain too because the store is called "Vente". Everything is 20 pesos!

And yes, that's a Harry Potter: The Order of Phoenix book. I'm on a mission to finish it before the movie comes out. I never watch a Harry Potter movie without reading the book first.

What's your cheap thrill? Finding cool places like this is FUN.

1 Comments:

Blogger meganhahaha said...

Ayos ang Vente! Kaya lang you're sometimes tempted to buy things that you don't actually need just because they're cheap, hehe. And I'm so guilty of that, haha!

I sometimes use my utol's air pump (yung gawa sa rubber na parang bosina, panglinis nya ng camera nya) to clean the keyboard of my laptop, hehe.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home