the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Sunday, July 1, 2007

I feel like updating

I love my weekends because it's the time when I go out and have fun. You see, I am stuck at home 5 days a week on weekdays (I work at home) so it's always refreshing to go out. Unless Alej kidnaps me on a weekday to run errands and then we watch a movie or eat dinner after.

On Friday night my sister and I caught Elizabethtown on tv. That movie is AWESOME. Hands down to Kirsten Dunst for picking good movies. Really, really, good movies. I love her. I officially love her she's a great actress! You have to watch it because if you like movies that are narrated in a first person point of view, you'll like this. I like books and movies narrated in first person. There's something about listening to people's thoughts. This movie is heartwarming and moving. I haven't felt like this for a while when I feel the need to list down lines that I feel that I could relate to the most. I wanted to hug the tv. Haha dork. But really, I can't gush enough how I love it. Even my sister thinks so too! I knew I'd like it because a few days ago I caught the last few minutes of it and I thought, "Oh hey, I think this is a good movie. Sayang di ko nasimulan." And then it was shown again. We are meant to be. I need to buy a dvd of this movie because it's definitely a favorite.

Here are a few memorable lines:

Claire Colburn: To have never taken a solitary road trip across country? I mean everybody's got to take a road trip, at least once in their lives. Just you and some music.

Chuck Hasboro: Death and life. And death and life. Right *next door* to each other! There's like, there's a hair between them.

Drew Baylor: Because we have a moment here, let me tell you that I have recently become a secret connoisseur of 'last looks'. You know the way people look at you when they believe it's for the last time? I've started collecting these looks.

Drew Baylor: There's a big difference between a failure and a fiasco.

Claire Colburn: Trust me. Everyone is less mysterious than they think they are.

Hollie Baylor: All forward motion counts.

Claire Colburn: I want you to get into the deep beautiful melancholy of everything that's happened.

Hollie Baylor: It takes time to be funny. It takes time to extract joy from life.

Claire Colburn: Sadness is easier because its surrender. I say make time to dance alone with one hand waving free.

Drew Baylor: In that moment, I knew success, not greatness, was the only god the world served.

Drew Baylor: You know, there is nothing greater than deciding in your life that things maybe really are black and white! And this guy Ben, who clearly takes you for granted, who serially takes advantage of you, is bad! And what I'm saying is good! See what I mean? You shouldn't be the substitute for anybody. This guy should be right here, right now, doing this
[kisses Claire]
Drew Baylor: .

Drew Baylor: No true fiasco ever began as a quest for mere adequacy. A motto of the British Special Air Force is: 'Those who risk, win.' A single green vine shoot is able to grow through cement. The Pacific Northwestern salmon beats itself bloody on it's quest to travel hundreds of miles upstream against the current, with a single purpose, sex of course, but also... life.

Hollie Baylor: I was still waiting for everything to start, and now it's over.

Claire Colburn: I'm going to miss your lips. And everything attached to them.

Claire Colburn: So you failed. You failed, you failed, you failed... You failed. You failed, you failed, you failed...

(text written on a cloth above the stage): If it wasn't this... it'd be something else.

Phil DeVoss: I am ill-equipt in the philosophies of failure.


Okay enought gushing about Elizabethtown. JUST BE SURE TO WATCH IT!

So yesterday I was supposed to see the doctor-- my mother's endocrinologist and diabetes doctor. But after forcing myself to wake up (yes, the imaginary kick is always a prerequisite to get me out of bed), I showered quickly only to find out that the doctor was out. Good thing my mother called the clinic. My father insisted that I went with him and Mama to the hospital anyway because Mama had her appointment as well and we we were going to the meatshop. I had fun spending time with my folks. We went to the meatshop and hung out at the office, chatted with relatives in the states, and then had lunch at a nearby restaurant. Alej met me there afterwards. We went home and then a few hours later we were at Shang in-line for tickets to watch Transformers.

The movie is AWESOME! Spielberg is a genius. The effects were realistic. I like how the transformations of the robots from cars to robots were so vivid that it's almost real. ANG GALING. We had front row seats because all the seats were taken. It's so hard to watch because the screen is too huge but it was fun nevertheless. Then we met up with Alej's friends at Starbucks, Silvercity. We moved to Alchemy lateron, which was the original plan. It was fun. Since it was Ibiza night they played house music that's good for chilling, dancing, and just enjoying the company of friends. Eugene bought free blue margaritas for the ladies and it made my tongue and lips blue. I think I resembled a cold corpse. But it was yummy, better and sweeter than the one at Gerry's. I bet the frozen one tastes yummier. But no more blue margaritas for me, just the ordinary one because they color the mouth.

What a great way to spend the weekend. Friends, music, good movies, and a smile on my face. At least I forgot past worries. We live, we learn. Shit happens but the good always outnumber the bad. Don't you agree?

1 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Forest a.k.a. Joselito L. said...

i definitely agree!!! it's so nice seeing, hearing, and reading you soooo happy.... just enjoying what life has to offer...or just enjoying being alive...period!!!!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home