the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

I just have to say this

I wish people understood me. If they already do, I wish they tried more.

I wish people knew that if I drink anything with caffeine at night, it keeps me awake until the wee hours of the morning and then sleep a shallow slumber. A shallow slumber is almost equivalent to no sleep at all.

I wish people understood that if I lack sleep/rest the night before because I wasn't able to sleep, my body cannot be as strong as I can be and that I get a very bad migraine attack during the day.

I wish people knew that being in two places in one day without rest plus a very low energy level can drain the hell out of me not. This is not felt psychologically but physically. I get grumpy and wear out easily. Therefore, commuting from one place to another is not an option at all. I need to rely on my sister or my dad to pick me up from where I am.

I wish people knew that I have obligations-- birthdays and prior committments to attend to in one day that's why I'm so tired and getting to a third place in one day after two consecutive birthday parties is very torturing-- no matter how much I want to visit a sick person because I get sick too, you know.

I wish people knew that my body is not as strong as other people who can endure no sleep at all but still get through the day without physically feeling what I feel whenever I lack sleep/rest.

I wish people believed that I'm not making this up. That I am unhealthy and I think that I was born to not be susceptible to torturous long days and stressful activities.

I wish I were healthier and physically more fit so that I can please everyone with my presence if they want me to be there. I wish I were supergirl. But I'm not and maybe I should accept it and people should too.

I wish they knew how it feels to feel this tired. I know it's a small reason to be dead tired.

I WISH PEOPLE BELIEVED ME WHEN I SAY THAT MY BODY GIVES UP EASILY because I'm just not as physically strong as other people are.

I wish people knew that if I could be in three places at once, I'd do just that. But I can't. My body betrays me when my mind wants to do otherwise.

I wish people listened when I give the extra effort to call to explain why I'm feeling this way.. I wish people didn't give excuses such as "I'm eating" while I'm explaining my side because I want to defend myself when people think I am heartless and that I do not care. I really do.

Even if this splitting headache is making me impossible to look at the screen without squinting, I still want to explain myself.

I wish people didn't look at these two birthday parties as just "parties" because the first one was my grandfather's birthday and at the same time the golden anniversary lunch celebration with my mother's side of the family. So it was my obligation to be present at a family special occassion. The second birthday party was my godson Johance's first birthday. I was already informed a month before so I had to be there. It was another obligation because I'm one of the godmothers.

I have to vent. I have to let this out.

I wish people listened. Period. I want to cry sometimes because it's so frustrating to have to explain myself without worrying about people thinking that I'm being such a drama queen about stress and being physically worn out after a long day. They may say "stress lang yan", yes. It is. But you have no idea how tired I can get.

I'm going to bed.

8 Comments:

Blogger jon go said...

cheer up gail... i understand exactly how you feel.. as a matter of fact, i feel the same way a lot of times..

12:55 AM  
Blogger Joseph Forest a.k.a. Joselito L. said...

since you know most of the things that make your body feel bad, i wish you'd avoid them...not just try to avoid them....but really avoid them. this is called taking responsibility for your body's health! after all, we all want you to be happy and healthy always....'coz we all love you very much!!!

10:00 AM  
Blogger [vayie] said...

I got here thru Kai's blog and read this post.

I don't think you even owe anybody an explanation. I know how that is, since I worked on night shift for four years. Some of my diurnal friends couldn't understand that I could no longer join them in gimmicks and get-togethers because I just want to sleep. Thay think, I am merely making up an excuse not to be with them. Even telling me the "...kung gusto, gagawa ng paraan, kung ayaw magdadahilan"-crap.

Stress lang `yan? It's almost always a cause of any malady I know.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

TITO JON and TITO LYNN: thank you! i'm glad you guys understand me.

VAYIE: yey! i'm not alone afterall. :)

12:06 PM  
Blogger jassy said...

moral lesson: don't drink coffee...:)

7:06 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

jassy: haha! good idea. at least not during the few hours before bedtime.

11:30 PM  
Blogger hera said...

wow gail, nakaka-infect yung pagod mo while i was reading your entry...phew! reminded me of my arki days -- the struggle for a social life despite sleep deprivation. haha! a shallow slumber can be even worse than no sleep at all. diba?

anyway, BAWAL MAGKASAKIT! the next time this happens to you, ask them to pay for your lifetime supply of vitamins, gym membership and medical insurance! haha! =D ewan ko ba naman kung di ka pa nila maintindihan niyan.

1:10 AM  
Blogger jassy said...

yeah...or drink another coffee in the morning...bangag na to!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home