the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Song

I told you I'd come up with a new layout. But this isn't what I initially designed. It was pastel and a lot more cheerful than this one. Christina Georgina Rosetti's Song was stuck in my head all day so I figured it was but proper to create a tribute for the lovely (but sad) poem.

SONG
(Christina Georgina Rosetti)

When I am dead, my dearest.
Sing no sad songs for me;
Plant thou no roses at my head,
Nor shady cypress-tree:
Be the green grass above me
With showers and dewdrops wet;
And if thou wilt, remember,
And if thou wilt, forget.

I shall not see the shadows,
I shall not feel the rain;
I shall not hear the nightingale
Sing on, as if in pain:
And dreaming through the twilight
That doth not rise nor set,
Haply I may remember
And haply may forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home