the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

I love food and givers of knowledge

May 9 was Arbie's birthday so we celebrated by eating out care of our boss who is at the other side of the world. We had dinner at Polu Kai in Serendra and I finally got to taste Cupcakes by Sonja. Nice mentioned before that I'd like the Bunny Huggers (carrot cake with cream cheese icing on top) and I also picked the chocolate cupcake with green sprinkles on top. I loved the store. It was homey because the interior was decorated in pastel and dinerlike feel. That line from To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee came into mind-- the part when women were described as cupakes sprinkled with soft confectioner's sugar on top or something like that. Also, if they played the Strawberry Shortcake song in the store it would be very appropriate. Heehee.

This is a blurry photo. Ah well. :)


It was a wonderful night especially when I spent it with friends/workmates and family too. While I was out, a former professor texted to ask how I was doing with jobhunting. After updating him with what's going on careerwise, he reminded me about the self-fulling prophecy in sociolgy-- if you think you're not going to make it, then that is exactly what's going to happen. So I figured I should believe in myself more and stop being pessimistic about things. The prophecy says that if you think you'll make it, the same will happen in reality. So my mood was perked up and I felt happy because former teachers/professors who continue to teach their students even after graduation are blessings to humankind. They guide us and teach us about things that we never would have learned. I am thankful for this professor because he taught me so much and made me not regret my last year in college. I only wish that I can give back to people who have grately influenced me, you know. One day I'll go back to the university and will make professors who believed in my capabilities proud of what I must have become by then.

Even before going to bed I was happy. I have great respect for teachers/professors and people who work with children or students, in general. They sacrifice a lot especially U.P. professors who don't get paid as much as those who teach in private universities but they do it for the passion-- for the passion to serve or give back to their Alma Mater and to pass on their knowledge and intellect to the younger generation.

SALUDO AKO SA INYOOOO! :D AND MARAMING SALAMAT, PROF. PONSARAN.

Anyway, this came into mind too for absolutely no reason at all:

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
(excerpt, Desiderata, Max Ehrmann)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger jassy said...

san yung store na to? yung muffins?

8:05 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

Sa Serenda, The Fort. :)

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home