the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Lumo-lomo

My heart broke into a million pieces when I realized that my first Holga photos were nowhere to be found. For a while I thought there was hope because I kept the roll of developed film and my mother said she asked our helper to keep it in my yellow box of thesis junk (it used to be my "thesis treasure grove" with thesis materials in it) while they were general cleaning the whole house with two other helpers who are possible suspects too. But the helper didn't put it there where my mother specifically asked her to so it must have been thrown into the trash. I locked myself inside the bathroom, sat on the floor, and cried there for a good thirty minutes. It felt like my childhood all over again when I used to cry over the most trivial things. Others may not understand why I made a huge fuss about the loss but it had sentimental value to me and my heart is broken by it. After my chest felt a little lighter but my head was heavy, I came out of the bathroom and accepted the fate of the poor photos.

I don't think I'll ever be able to get over the loss even if I have soft copies.

On the lighter note, I do not have to rely on Alej to scan photos for me anymore because my parents bought me an HP Deskjet F380 All-in-One. I love the scanning resolution because scanned images have the same colors from the originals. How cool is that? It's also white so it's pretty but the body is just a consolation because the scanning is great!

Here are some photos from my second roll of medium format film:




Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger JUN said...

i like the shot of the church. was there something superimposed with it or was it just a reflection from a window.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home