the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Pagtatapos

My headache is killing me. Argh. A three day headache is annoying. Today is the worst because it didn't go with the medication I took. Maybe it's because of my eyes. Ahh well. Nothing can stop me from logging off. HAHA!

I've gone WIRELESS! Tito Lynn and Tito Jon gave me a wireless broadband router for their grad gift, something that I have been meaning to purchase since forever. Thank you, soooo much! Best graduation gift ever. I am now mobile! At least around the house. Hehe!

Anyway, I graduated yesterday. It was such a tiring day especially for my feet. I loved my pointy heeled shoes but they killed me. *pats feet*. I am now nursing my blistered feet and still in "just graduated" high. I did my own make up. Wanna see?

TIP: click on photos for original size.


super big deal for me! haha!



Photos are here: http://gailaloo.multiply.com.


College graduation at the CAS Roofdeck, 23 April 2007.




sa bahay before leaving for PICC.


UP Manila Commencement Excercises, 24 April 2007 at the Plenary Hall, Philippine International Convention Center.

Singing U.P. Naming Mahal and the entire graduation ceremony, in general, was sad because there was a certain finality to everything-- that everything is about to end. But as one of the speakers said during the ceremony, "commencement" doesn't have to mean "an ending" but "a beginning" (of something new) instead. I am beyond grateful for my U.P. education. It taught me not to be afraid to fail because there is a right time for everything. It taught me to become fearless, to become independent, outspoken, and it also reminded me of my right to voice out whatever opinion I had. It taught me social awareness and nationalism. It taught me how to embrace culture-- mine and the rest of the world's. The best teachers I met in my entire life, I met in U.P. Manila and for that I feel so blessed.







my college best friend Apple! :)


my family. forgive the messy hair. it was the toga's cap fault. :P



My only wish is that 10 years from now when I return to U.P. Manila, I will do my alma mater proud. I must've been something to be proud of by then. :)

I will miss my home of many years. I will miss Padre Faura and the smokey Taft Avenue. I will miss Robinson's Place. I will miss the Philippine General Hospital. I will miss everything about the vicinity where U.P. Manila stands. I will miss everyone from the Department of Social Sciences faculty who grew up with me during

I wanted to cry at the end of the graduation ceremony when we sang U.P. Naming Mahal (Our Beloved U.P.).

U.P. Naming Mahal


U.P. naming mahal
Pamanatsang hirang
Ang tinig namin
Sana’y inyong dinggin.

Malayong lupain
Amin mang marating
Di rin magbabago ang damdamin
Di rin magbabago ang damdamin.

Luntian at pula
Sagisag magpakailan man
Ating ipagdiwang
Bulwagan ng dangal.

Humayo’t itanghal
Giting at tapang
Mabuhay ang pag-asa ng bayan
Mabuhay ang pag-asa ng bayan.


A chapter has ended and another one is about to begin.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul Pajo said...

Hi Gail!

CONGRATULATIONS on your GRADUATION! :)

woot! woot! woot!

rgds,

Paul.

3:53 AM  
Blogger selle said...

Hi Gail, Congratulations! I remember when I had mine (which wasnt really long ago, LOL). Happy for you! Good luck!

3:09 AM  
Blogger Maria Bella said...

CONGRADUATIONS! You already know how proud I am of you and all that you have accomplished thus far~ You're headed in the right direction :)

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home