the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Happy Bug Bites Once Again

You won't believe my luck:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Kuya John gave this to me this afternoon! Grad gift niya! WOWWWW! Old school, pare! :D:D:D It's a Minolta XG-1! It came with a camera bag and inside it is a strobe flash! I'm going to bring it to Quiapo one of these days to have it cleaned and restored. I have no idea how to use it. I need a SLR For Dummies book but thanks to the internet, online manuals are available for download--even this model! So yey! :)

Look at this old school XG-1 advertisement!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Holga was Alej's grad gift for me. Well, half ot it because we shared. I insisted we shared since I don't like to except pricey gifts. But wow. I must've been good lately for blessings to come my way.

* * *


I got another roll of 120 film processed and printed today but I forgot to give them to Alej so he can scan them for me. Phooey. Now I have to wait 'til Saturday. But Saturday seems so far away!

Going to bed now, folks. Good night!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria Bella said...

bwahahaha! Taking it back to the old school eh? Nice :)

4:42 AM  
Blogger JUN said...

that camera was popular, along with the Canons and Nikons in the 80's. i particularly remember the Minolta, a lot of my classmates used them for our Photography course because it was affordable. of i went for my Nikon FM for its ruggedness and lens quality. it's simple to use, but, you have to experiment with its aperture, shutter speeds and its applications. lights, camera, shot!

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home