the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Writer's Block?

I feel like deleting this blog because I think it's shallow. SHALLOW. But I've kept this blog for ages now and there's a sentimental feeling attached to holding on to it. I want to create a new one where there's more "writing" than random gibberish. I took out the new layout and replaced it with this minimalist skin because I don't want my blog to be all about design when it should be the outlet of my writing.

"Writing" has become such a foreign word for me. I wish I still knew how to write. I wish I had significant things to say and not just narrate the things I do in daily life. This blog has become an outlet of my insignificant rants.

I think this blog has become a sad blog. And I am a sad blogger because I have ran out of significant things to write about.

I pray to God this is just a phase.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bluejedi said...

Just write whatever you love 2 write. Doesn't matter if its a rant or ur just venting. Since it is "Geek Chronicles", perhaps you may want to discuss more about technology and gadgets? Similar to another Gayle...Gayle Laakmann at www.glaak.com. ;)

7:50 PM  
Blogger Mha'ri said...

hey gail, writing has many different forms. and personally i think your blog is not just this narrative and/or routine-like item where you post your everyday this and that.

sometimes writing is as good as a free-falling object, you don't know where it would hit but you'll be surprised when it falls on the right place.

8:41 PM  
Blogger pat said...

when you reach the age of 40+ and you decide to look back on your supposed geeky life, this blog'll give you a rollicking good time in all its supposed shallowness. besides, it's not that shallow.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

BLUEJEDI: thanks for that piece of advice. :)

ABY: Yeah I know, maybe I should let go a little. Haha.

PAT: You have a very good point. That's why I'm skeptical about deleting this blog. Five years, man. FIVE YEARS.

You have a great blog yourself. I love The Catcher in the Rye. :)

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the feeling all too well.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

ROXY: Lets hope it's just a phase...

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home