the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

today is good news day

After being sick for four days, I'm back in the game! Nasasawa na ko matulog. The past four days were sleeping days for me. With my heavy head, clogged nose, and watery eyes, all I wanted to do was stay in bed. It was impossible to sit in front of the computer and resume my "life as usual" or even watch tv for more than 15 minutes. I don't think it was an allergy from smoke. I think it was a virus that I caught from someone in the same room as I was when I went clubbing. Ughhh. And maybe the smoke aggravated it or something. Oh well! (just a note for my worried titos/titas: I don't smoke, my friends and other people do).

I took Neozep...must have taken around eight pills in four days but IT DID NOT WORK. Alej thinks it's because the ones I took were the "non-drowsy" ones that are less effective than the regular ones that can knock the living daylight out of you. My sister caught whatever I had too so last night she came home sick from work sniffing like I've been sniffing the whole day. It was difficult waking up in the morning praying that you're already better but then you start sneezing and the whole sick thing repeats itself all over again. It was frustrating! So I got fed up this afternoon and asked our household help to buy DECOLGEN from the drug store. And yey! After a pill, I was okay already!

You know whenever I'm sick and my body feels really awful? I CRY. Yeah, like I sob silently and I also noticed how I look for my mother everytime I get sick. It's because I grew up with my mother nursing me whenever I'm sick. She makes me juice, she feeds me noodle soup, and wipes my forehead with a damp face towel. She takes care of me whenever I'm sick and because she's oceans away, I missed her MORE while I was sick. That's the sort of mother I'd like to be-- always hands-on when taking care of her kids. I miss my Mama. But oh well, this is growing up.

I'm still taking meds just to be sure it's gone. My voice still sounds funny. But all is good! I'm back in the game!

Plus, Alej spent the afternoon with me. And MY LCA IS READY FOR PICK UP! OH, FRIDAY, I CAN'T WAIT TILL YOU'RE HERE! =D

Thank you, Lord. Last night I wasn't in pain but I cried a little because I was having difficulty sleeping and breathing plus my head weighed a ton. It was uncomfortable to feel groggy for days that's why I cried of frustration because I took my meds regularly but I still wasn't getting any better. Then I prayed to get better because it helps everytime I get bad headaches. So last night I did the same thing and NOW I'M BETTER! =D THANK YOU, LORD!

Oh, last Friday I had my hair permed. I'm not going back to being straight anymore! (pun not intended hehe!)


Talk about wash and wear! Low maintenance. Yeheyyy!

Also, A BIG SHOUT OUT TO MY FRIEND MARK VINCENT OMEGA!! His dance video won the Pepsikat promotional contest. He's going to Bangkok tomorrow to watch the Black Eyed Peas! Watch the video, you guys! It's so coool!!! Ingat, Mark! We labyu! Parang nung Saturday lang we were talking about you wanting to go to Hong Kong or Thailand for a shopping trip!

Watch his cool moves here and look for Mark Vincent Omega:
http://www.pepsiworld.com.ph/pepsikat.html

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria Bella said...

first I'd like to give you a virtual hug*...I sure hope you feel better soon~ The smell of smoke bothers me too, which is why I never took up smoking~ We are so much alike it's scary! I love the curls! it's great how you've turned into such a girly girl :)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

thanks for the hug, tita! haha yeahhh it's scary! :D but it's also cool!

haha yeahh i'm becoming such a girly girl. =P i used to hate shopping now i love it. :P

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home