the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I feel guilty for eating the whole slice of Devil's Food Cake from Chocolate Kiss. Alej and I went to U.P. Diliman just to buy cake because Mama craved for it and since it was on the way from Katipunan, we dropped by.

The atmosphere at UP was very cold and because right by the Bahay ng Alumni there was this big tree at the parking lot, I gave it an imaginary click of my imaginary camera. I brought my cameras with me but it was too dark I feared it was going to be underexposed. I love it when it's dusk and chilly. If it weren't for the noise coming from inside Bahay ng Alumni for some freshmen thing a fraternity was hosting, it would've been a very serene moment under the tree and all.

One of the many downsides of living in the city is that you don't get to experience marveling big shady trees or a vast field of greens. Whenever a city dweller sees a park or a wide stretch of meadow, it's like a patch of heaven amidst an urban jungle. That's why if you watch movies at Ayala cinemas, you've probably seen that Ayala Land advertisement right before they show the trailers. The advertisement shows a huge space of greenery, which was converted into condominium buildings (think Fort Bonifacio). It's pathetic how people are supposed to be "happy" that they're developing these estates/condominiums that only those of the upper class can afford/enjoy. I don't know about you but I want my trees and meadows. I want my kids to grow up in a world like that.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I want to hug trees or live in a nipa hut far far away but taking time off from all the smoke and noise pollution is something one could look forward to to get away. Although Henry David Thoreau's "Where I Lived and What I Lived For" from Walden makes me want to retreat into the woods.

And of course I'm also thinking about photo op opportunities.

I leave these photos of Amidala to remind you to SMILE always. :D



Yes, she's a delight to be around. I love love love her!

UPDATE @ 1:07AM
IN THE NEWS:
1. The Earthquake that hit Japan
2. The outrageous news of "Five Bulgarian nurses and a Palestinian doctor in Libya accused of making false claims of torture have pleaded not guilty to charges of slander" on BBC earlier this evening.
3. The documentary of the worst building collapse in South Korea on "Seconds from Disaster", which I watched today on National Geographic Channel.

Commentaries on the next post. Too tired to think. I'm so sleepy. :/

I spent two hours on a downloading frenzy. I will post the playlist later. I've already created two new playlists. HURRAYYY! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Maria Bella said...

devil's food cake! omg! that's my favorite! but it's bad for me...gives me migraines :( and Ami is soooooooooo cute!!! I love her little pony-tail :) Julius wants to play with her :)

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home