the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmas Christmas List!

Yesterday while I was at McDonald's in Pampanga for Tito Romy Galang's funeral, Christmas carols played in the background. It's pretty much like that these days here at the malls, restaurants, and other establishments-- Christmas carols in the air. I commented on how singing a Christmas carol would make a group immortal. Take for example The Backstreet Boys. They sang Christmastime and now it plays every single year. Then there's 98 Degrees. Their song This Gift is immortal as well. So if you want to be unforgotten as a singer, sing a Christmas carol!

Manilyn and I also talked about how it seems inappropriate to be merry this Christmas when we've seen too many tragedies this month. Bad news eat the optimism in you, I tell you. But then I realized how God would be angry with us if we stayed bitter this Christmas season because of too many deaths this month and the suffering we feel for other people. He is the reason for the season and I think staying bitter about this Christmas would only entail that we put our selfish reasons first in place of God's own-- the birth of his son Jesus Christ.

So for everyone who has suffered so much the past few years, the past year, or even the past month...for people who lost loved ones and still have a hard time of grasping the reality that they're gone...for people who are in the process of healing fresh wounds...I hope you have a good Christmas this year. Think about God and the birth of Jesus Christ. I know it's hard to accept things that we cannot change but perhaps accepting His will is the first step to healing.

And speaking of Christmas...here's my Christmas list!

(not necessarily in order)

1. A Black iPOD Classic (because my ipod mini is dying, it won't charge anymore).
2. A one month free gym membership at one of the two Fitness First near my place. I need it for my health (hypertension and impending diabetes)
3. A gift certificate from Beauty Bar! (Yeyyy haha)
4. A Moleskine 12th month weekly planner (the medium sized one)
5. an external hard drive to rescue my laptop from crashing (Thanks Pa!)
6. The "Ugly Duckling" t-shirt from David and Goliath
7. A pair of silver or gold Havaianas High (thanks Pa!)
8. Anything from Philosophy (lotion, moisturizer, etc.)
9. A Lomo LCA
10. Cupcakes by Sonja!!!!!
11. FOOD, DESSERTS, CHOCOLATES, ETC. ETC. HAHA
12. Fossil aviator shades (the one with the gold frames)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home