the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Incoherent is me (I am drugged. Expect a lengthy entry.)

I had another bad migraine last night. I tried rubbing two types of menthol balm on my temples-- Omega and another similar balm that my mother gave me. The smell of Omega makes my sister dizzy while it makes my nerves relax. I took Tylenol PM to help me sleep. After an episode of American Idol Season 6, I fell asleep but woke up at 5AM with a feeling as if an electric drill was working on my left temple. So I tried to sleep again. At 10AM my migraine was still bothering me so I got out of bed, took the medicine for my liver and then watched tv. I tried not to succumb into Excedrin temptation but I did and I took a pill because it was getting uncomfortable. So now I feel rotten because my migraine hampered my productivity. Argh.

I'm watching The Cathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List on Jack TV. I actually like it. HAHA! Rawr. The things you do when you're left at home with a migraine. I am groggy and that Snickers bar beside the laptop is looking at me with puppy dog eyes. Must. Not. Be. Tempted.

I was at the bookstore the other day with Alej picking out oil pastels and felt paper. While he was at the cashier I wandered off to the Bestsellers' List. There's a new book by Mitch Albom that made the list and the new book by Amy Tan was on it too. Both are just two of my favorite authors and it got me thinking that it has been a while since I read a good book. My definition of a good book is something that moves me-- like a book that makes you think even after you've finished it. A book that makes you want to highlight countless lines from it just because you could relate to the words and books that cast a spell upon you and draws you into THAT world. Some of these good books are Amy Tan's novels-- The Bonesetter's Daughter and The Kitchen God's Wife, Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones, Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar, Elizabeth Wurtzel's The Secret of Life, James Patterson's Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas, Jerry Spinelli's Stargirl, Mitch Albom's The Five People You Meet in Heaven and Tuesday's With Morrie, Jeffrey Eugenides's The Virgin Suicides, and the list goes on! And I miss the feeling of reading a good book.

I read from Don't Stress the Small Stuff for Teens that a person should have a good book beside the night table. It doesn't matter if it's just one book from which you'd read a page or two every night or five books (oh yes, FIVE) and read a few pages from each of the five depending on which one you like. If you want to pull of a Kris Aquino, you can grab a copy of TIME Magazine and read it from front to back in one night.

Book quotes are the reason why I created this blog not so long ago. I haven't updated it in ages and it's good to look back and read those lines that touched me. I'm sharing them with you so go read some of them. :)

I just feel like sharing: My father has this friend who inherited a huge amount from her deceased aunt. She is based in Abu Dhabi and because she's already in the Middle East, she takes time off to visit neighboring countries. Among several Arab countries she went to, she went on a tour to Israel and lately she went to Turkey. She sent two boxes of Turkish Apple Tea. It looks yummy and I hope it won't disappoint. But my point to sharing this is that it must feel so good to have time and money to tour exotic Arab countries. She seems to be having a lot of fun from the pictures that she sends through email. Watching Cake made me want to be a travel writer. It must feel really good to be paid for what you like to do. sigh

Another friend of my father who is in India and a newly appointed ambassador sent my sister and I beautiful pendants! Mine is a pearl and silver pendant. It's so pretty I promise to cherish it for the rest of my life. HAHA! Realllyyyy! I'm not too big on jewellry but for pearls and sentimental pieces, I go crazy.


this is a picture of the pretty pendant! the chain came from the white gold heart-diamond pendant tito lynn and tito jon gave me as a gift for my 21st birthday. I wear it everytime! :)


just two of the pear earrings tito lynn and tito jon gave me. they're my favorites too! Mama also gave me a pair of pearl/yellow gold earrings. I plan to keep them until I grow old because I want it to be an heirloom. :P


This is a very sasbog entry. It's quite appropriate because I can't be coherent right now. Must be the medicine kicking in.

Lastly, it's a shame to waste phone memory space. So here are random photos:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
1. Alej was ecstatic when he bought the third season of Prison Break at Dampa in Macapagal. But to his dismay, the dvd was broken.
2. Alej hanging out at my house.
3. This is us at 1 year and 4 months!
4. My sister eating pizza at Pricesmart.
5. Cinnamon sugar churros!
6. This is Ala snuggling her head under the sofa. I think she likes it there because it's dark and cool there.
7. Us again! Don't you hate cheesey couple pics? HAHA!
8. Good morning, sunshine!
9. Coca Cola. Bad for your health but still highly addictive.
10. Same size but cheaper than Big Gulp.
11. Papa and his Coke.
12. Angela's prom shoes. I love it! 50% off at Naturalizer. WHOOO!
13. Rock on!
14. Myanmar is famous for their teak wood because it's sturdy and it lasts for a long long time. We've had this dining set since I was a littleg irl and it still looks brand new.
15. Papa cooked pancit last Sunday for lunch and it was really good!

I'm going to be a bridesmaid next year for the first time. WOWW! :D :D :D

Good bye, kids!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger jon go said...

nice pendant gail! btw..what is sasbog???

7:11 PM  
Blogger Maria Bella said...

sorry to hear about the migraine attack :( beautiful pearls! I like Alej's face in pic#7-looks like he is a rockstar belting out a song :)

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home