the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

great things start from taking baby steps

Things to look forward to:

  1. my new digicam (10 megapixel Canon love!)

  2. being web artist and co-webmaster for www.UPmanila.net (U.P. Manila's website for students)

  3. designing an architectural board for Hera's thesis model (my first official design project for someone else *gulp*)

  4. starting a mini-business with Alej (it's just a test-run)

  5. (probably) starting a simple mini graphic design business (for all your streamer, posters, print ad needs hehe)
  6. and... April 24!!!


I need to put together an online portfolio or maybe Multiply will do the trick. Of course, I won't charge too much because it's just for simple design needs. And then I'll see where I'll go from there. I am putting up a Canon EOS 350D fund, by the way. If ever I get profits from my mini business ventures, it will go straight to the Canon EOS 350D fund. So yeah. It's for a cause! And maybe I should put up a portfolio for my writings. I can probably freelance if any magazine will accept me or if I'm good enough. My punctuation marks may probably suck but hell, I love to write and maybe writing will pave my way to getting that dslr.

Unrelated: The best compliment I've received so far is when a pre-school teacher and a high school teacher told me that I can be a pre-school teacher for my aura. Another compliment no less than the previous one was about my writing and about writing a book.

It's amazing how others can believe in you more than you believe in yourself. But yes, these compliments are noted inside my head for future reference-- particularly on days when I feel like the world has turned its back on me. And I hope you have that too-- something to look back to when you feel down. It may be a simple pat on the back from someone, a little compliment that made you blush like a tomato, or a kind word from a stranger. Everyone deserves to feel good about themselves. No one deserves to be pulled down. I believe that in this world we have no one else to please but ourselves and God. As long as we're happy and we're not hurting anyone, then carry on. Life is short. Carpe diem!

Anyway...

You should check out UP Manila's brand new website! WOOHOO!AWESOME!

P.S. You can check out http://pixelatedgirl.deviantart.com for some of the designs I've already made.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Bluejedi said...

Congrats. Kaya mo yan.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Aletha Jane said...

YAY! goodluck with the eos350D! =)

1:38 AM  
Blogger Liane said...

is that a new 10MP SLR camera??

Congrats Gail!

;)

11:54 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

BLUEJEDI: thanks thanks!

JANE: good luck SA ATIN! :D

LIANE: I wish! It's a Canon Powershot A640. It's compact, point and shoot, and easy to carry around. The DSLR can wait. :D

NINA: way to go! :D

9:21 PM  
Blogger Maria Bella said...

Gaily~ You never cease to amaze me~ You are super talented and will be, if not already, be blessed with a life where you can use the gifts that God gave you~ Don't mean to sound preachy there~ But anyway...I am always proud of everything that you do :) Don't ever be discouraged and never turn your back on opportunities~ And last but not least...don't try to do what pleases everyone...put yourself first above all~ Luv Ya!

5:10 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

TITA: WOW!!!!!!! Thank you tita! You know I listen to everything you say. :) Yes, I do believe that my life shouldn't be lived in such a way that pleases people around me. It gets tiring to please people around and not get good feedbacks. So yes! Thank you very much! And no you did not sound preachy. I love ya! :)

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home