the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Yesterday Alej and I battled the Ortigas traffic to get to Megamall because I wanted to see the frames. The emo ones that I liked. But when I tried them on they didn't suit my face. So I left the shop emptyhanded and because were REALLY hungry already, we had dinner before we left for Silvercity. Man, were we hungry! We ordered too much food-- all of which were so greasey but yummy, nevertheless. Triple V Express has buff waiters, we noticed. HAHA! They were buff and tall. Maybe it's a prerequisite to be a waiter there-- to be buff and tall. So anyway, I almost finished my one cup of rice! I was that hungry! Normally I can just eat half. Alej eats my leftover rice but last night I almost ate the whole cup of rice.

We went to Silvercity Automall to meet up with my sister and Kuya John. They're putting up a booth at the Bumper2Bumper Car Show this coming weekend (BE THERE! Alej got his newly renovated car into the show). Kuya John, my sister, and Jinx got together and came up with a brilliant plan of selling t-shirts that have car themes on them. Business is fluorishing so far, all car-lovers love the designs and I'm even offering them my free service of putting them up an online store at Multiply so they could get orders online. Alej's Revtech friends bought around 10 shirts already and I'm so happy for my sister, Kuya John, and Jinx. Jinx and his other friend is also going to bring in food at their booth so it's going to be fun. So yeah, that's where I will be during the weekend.

And then all of us went to Tiendesitas to listen to the band playing and I couldn't believe that two bottles of beer made me ridiculously red again. Alej said I looked like I went out sun-bathing because my neck arms and shoulders were beet red. We left at 1AM and by the time we got home, Papa didn't get angry at us because my sister and I were together the whole night. Phew. :P

P.S.: These are just two of the many designs that my sister and her friends are selling. If you like cars or anything Japanese, you probably know what these signs mean:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


TITO LYNN! Interested? :D

And NO, I AM NOT GETTING ANY COMMISSION FROM PROMOTING THE TSHIRT BUSINESS LIKE THIS. :p I'm doing this because my sister and Kuya John are family and well, family help each other out. :) We're all helping out. Alej has sold 20 (more or less) shirts to his Revtech buddies. He bought a lot for himself too! I'm still waiting for ALL THE SHIRTS to fall into my hands so I could take a picture of them already and then set-up a shop at Multiply. All I asked for was a free shirt for my service. HEHE!

* * *


Bea and I talked about this before already because she understands what I go through-- we're both the youngest in the family.

My father just pulled one! My sister is out- just like every typical Saturday and I'm the one who doesn't have Saturdays reserved so I stay home. Yesterday I asked my father to take me to the optical shop because I wanted to get lenses for my new frame. He said yes right away (for two consecutive Saturdays we've been spending the whole day together doing grocery shopping and running errands). This afternoon when Alej volunteered to take me to the mall to get the lenses, I told my father that he could take care of his other errands because the boyfriend can take me to the shop afterall. And he had this poor disappointed look on his face and said: "Sabihin mo kay Alej wag na, ako nalang magdadala sa 'yo nakakahiya naman sa kanya.." HAHA! Anyway, So I told Alej that I'll go with my dad because he might get hurt if I dissed him and he seems willing to take me to the mall tonight.

Oh my! Dads. They become very emotional and attached to their little ones when they are beginning to grow up and grow old. And I'm sure he doesn't want to be left alone at home again especially while my mother's away. When I'd stay up late until the wee hours of the morning, I hear him watching tv in their room at 3AM in the morning! He said he couldn't sleep.

So yeah, bonding time again with the old man!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaawwww, how sweet!!! It is very good to have bonding moments~ You will cherish it forever~ Silly Kuya, he is soooo dramatic, LOLS

5:04 AM  
Blogger jern del rosario said...

one cup of rice??? and u were THAT hugnry already? when im super hungry, i could finish about 3 at tokyotokyo! wahaha.
i miss dad as well*sigh*

7:01 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

TITA: yeahhh! he's like that. HEHE! tough on the outside, soft in the inside!

JERN: WOW! You eat too much rice! But it's okay, payat ka pa rin e! HAHA!

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home