the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Sunday, November 5, 2006

Grey's Anatomy is evil. It's getting harder and harder to tear my eyes away from the tv. Yes, I know. I've become a sloth.

Not yesterday, though. I went out. Ran errands with Alej and then had dinner at D'Marks at Greenbelt. Greenbelt, like SM Mall of Asia, is not conducive for hot and humid November nights. It's like summer these days especially in the evenings. We're going to have a hot Christmas this year, according to the news. Blame it on El Nino. Pizza was great. Alej had five slices and I had three. Eww. We were hungry and it was humid outside. But Who am I kidding? I'm always hungry! So scratch the justifications.

We went to the movies after and munched on chewy candy stuff from the candy store. I like the cola jellies. They looked gross in the beginning but they're sour and sweet in the mouth. The Prestige is a great movie. I loved every bit of it. It's one of the few good movies I've watched this year and it makes me happy to know that there are still good movies. Writers, producers, actors, and directors actually take time to make a movie that is not just for money generating but pleasing for the eyes and minds as well. It was a little disturbing, actually. I got out of the movie theater with a bad migraine (yes, the nth time for the past two months). When I got home I took Tylenol PM and waited for my sister to arrive home. Alej stayed with me and by the time the medicine kicked in, I was groggy and sleepy as hell. We had buko pie because my sister came from a wedding in Laguna. By the time I called it a night, I was barely conscious. Hitting the pillow last night was the best thing that happened to me during the day-- plus the pizza and movie.

It was Saturday night last night so everyone was out. It's the party night for everyone else and Greenbelt was hustling and bustling of party people-- people who were out for the night to have a good time. And I missed my friends that night. I miss Van, Novee, and Apple and our nights-out. Especially Apple! We were party people in sophomore year and that one sembreak-- despite of how sick I got, I still got out of the house and partied. Those were great times! Paoie was also fun to go out with. He went out with us lateron-- to that UP Manila chorale thing, the Indayog shindig, etc. I miss those days!

Tonight, my sister and I are going to take my father to Everything at Steak after mass because we're carnivores that way. Other days I'd feel sick and guilty about it, some other days I don't. And it's crazy. I need a little consistency.

Believe it or not, the medicine is still in my blood. I still feel sleepy and light-headed. I already had a mug of coffee and it's not helping. I hope I don't fall asleep while getting ready for mass because right now? My bed looks very inviting.

I hope you had a great weekend!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Grey's Anatomy! I always anticipate downloading new episodes every Friday. =P

5:25 AM  
Blogger monch said...

Agree, Grey's is evil. :) I can spend a whole day glued to the TV. Wah.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, another Greyhead! I'm such a sucker for it. I even stack my TiVo with episodes I've already seen more than once. It's just crazy hot insane! Haha. After you finish the DVDs, I suggest that you go to ABC's website and watch Season 3. Hottest one ever! :)) Anyway, I'm a stranger hopping by. Love your site, and the Frou Frou song on your header. Have a good one!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

ANNA: ohmygod. ang tiyaga mo. how long does it take to download an episode? and where do you download? :)

MONCH: evil, evil, evil! :P

KAI: haha! "greyhead". i love it! Mmm, season three. I can't wait!

and thanks for the compliment. ;)

10:23 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Gail, check BT-TV.net for quick torrent downloads! :)

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home