the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

i'm going to Calamba later this afternoon for a teambuilding. if you know better, you'd know that the "teambuilding" is actually a drinking/karaoke fest with equally crazy people as i am. there will be night swimming too and catching up with my favorite people.

isn't it great? this is also one of those times when i badly want my body to tolerate more alcohol than it can take because i'm allergic and i can feel my heart giving out whenever i drink too much (i have a heart problem). so i've never been drunk in my entire twenty-one years of life. how sad. or maybe i did get drunk that one time my cousins came over and regardless of how my mother and my aunt stopped me from drinking more (under their supervision) with my cousins, i still went ahead. that was the only time when i realized that i should have listened to my mother because i felt like my heart was going to burst an hour later. it was beating so hard like crazy and i couldn't breathe. i just threw myself to the couch like a piece of meat being tossed to a lion's mouth. i closed my eyes until my heart calmed down but it never happened. i attempted to climb up the stairs but found myself crawling until my cousin helped me out. phooey. i vowed never to go that far again unless there's an emergency room nearby.

so when my parents say "don't drink too much!", they don't really have to worry because i already scared myself silly. try as i might to drink a lot i can never go ahead with it because my heart scares me and the embarassing redness of my face, neck, and well, the whole body is just mortifying.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you shouldn't be embrassed when you turn red. it's a sign that your body is healthy.. i'm glowing red when i'm done with one bottle of beer. that's just one and i dont really care when they make fun of me cuz i have a healthy body and so do you. be proud :D

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I drink, I like it better if I'm up on my toes... preferably dancing. That way I don't feel intoxicated right away. =P Hope you had fun at the team building! :)

12:28 AM  
Blogger Maniniyut said...

just don't mix night swimming with drinking. mahirap makatulog sa tubig. have fun :)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

DEI: haha! then proud i shall be! :)

ANNA: ack. I can't do that. Yesterday I was trying not to sit down in one place because I get more tipsy that way.

ABET: haha! the water helped. A LOT. :)

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home