the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

I swear, I had several things to talk about especially after being induced with caffeine in the form of grande peppermint mocha but my thoughts flew out the window when I stepped down from my natural high. So this is my feeble attempt to recall the weekend:

Megamall.
- At Cyberzone, I saw the smallest Toshiba laptop I have ever laid eyes on.

- At the optical shop while Alej was buying a pair of contact lenses, I saw a pair of Banana Republic emo glasses that I fell in love with. I had to think about buying it and only made up my mind to have it fitted when we were two floors up. The store was already closed when we went back for it. Phooey. Maybe it's not meant to be?

Eastwood.
- Grande hot peppermint mocha from Starbucks. I am a sucker for peppermint. Anything peppermint will help my heart jump in delight-- peppermint chocolate chip ice cream, peppermint chocolate shake, peppermint candies, peppermint candycanes, peppermint chocolate, anything peppermint! Peppermint is one of the top reasons why I love the holidays because it's the peppermint season and peppermint is just ♥!

- I saw the planner. Starbucks Traditions, they call it. I started last year-- filling up my tiny booklet for stickers. I got the planner sooner than expected but I barely touched the book (it looks like a book because of the hard bound cover). I thought I'd pass this year because I thought it was ridiculous to go race for filling up stickers for a plain planner. Imagine my surprise when I saw the planner! It has a faux leather cover and it was beautiful. So scratch my being uptight about the whole planner thing. I'm going to get that planner. :P

- The Covenant. I liked the movie because of the action (using all that power) but missing it won't be a huge loss because it was so-so. There wasn't anything good that we wanted to watch so we settled for the next best thing. Plus, it was freezing inside the theater. How could I have forgotten a jacket? Argh.

- Endorphin. Caffeine releases endorphin (a.k.a. The Happy Hormone). So while I was watching the movie, my head was spinning with a million thoughts. Stuff that I was planning on writing about but the moment already passed so I forgot what these thoughts/ideas were. I need a book. No wait, make it a small pocket-sized ruled Moleskine (another link) so that I have a notebook to write on whenever ideas strike me!

- How to Save a Life, The Fray. It played again on the radio but that night I didn't mind because it felt hella great to have the windows roll down and listen to this song as the car swooshed through the night. The cold wind blowing against my face felt really great. It reminded me of flying (not that I know how..).

Saturday, I chatted with my relatives on YM. It's a weekly thing but I have been absent lately. I talked about laptops, digital cameras, and cars with my uncles. It was really fun. Sorry, Tito John. Should have zipped my mouth shut re: Canon Ixus iZoom. :P The rest of my day I spent with Alej: going with him at Silvercity near Tiendesitas for the car show thing he and his friends are joining, buying birthday gifts at Glorietta for November birthday celebrants (Angela, his sister and ate Gwen, my sister), hungry hungry hungry and a hearty satisfying Teriyaki Boy dinner (my treat because I used my credit card for the first time hehe).

Sunday I spent the whole day with my dad. Bonding! HAHA! :P

This is a picture of my little cousin Julius eating Sour Skittles. Pictures were taken by my aunt. I haven't met Julius yet nor have I seen my aunt since I was 6!



Okay bye. That was tiring.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny how your sister's name is ate.. i thought it was gwen.. :P

2:25 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

HAHA! :P of course, I can't call her "Gwen" :P

2:34 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Oi dear God, that Starbucks Planner! Hahaha! Red got me one last year. I religiously filled it out everyday til about April. And then, I stashed it at the back of one of my shelves. He's probably going to get me this year's Starbucks planner again, but I'll tell him not to bother anymore. Poor thing. He'll be way more overcaffeinated than me! And he doesn't even like coffee.

A few days ago, my mom got me a medium-sized Moleskine daily planner. I wasn't sure if I was going to actually use it as a daily planner. So, I bought a small limited ed Moleskine weekly planner in red, but it's too small!! Waaah. I don't know. I think I'll use the daily planner as a writing journal. I was unsure with having to lug that in my bag everyday. But since I want to make it a routine to write something there everyday, I'll be lugging 2 Moleskine planners now!

Hmmm must find a seriously oversized bag to stash all my girlie things. :))

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the Christmas Season at Starbucks! Toffee Nut Latte for me! I am dying to get my hands on this year's planner. I religiously filled out my 2006 planner until the middle of the year, but I got tired of it too. I wouldn't have bothered this year, but it looks too nice to pass! Haha!

Moleskines are love! I've been obsessed about writing in mine since I got them. I've also gone crazy over fountain pens! You should get one. It'll actually motivate you to write more (and maybe you can start on that book you want to write ^_^). You can get them locally from Benedict at MoleskinePH. =)

11:43 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

JOEY: ooh! What a very good boyfriend you have! HAHA! Mmm, I might order a pocket sized Moleskine or is it too small? I don't want to have a hard time writing so maybe I'll stick to the regular notebook-sized ones.

And yey for big bags! I love messenger bags because I can put all my stuff inside. Except for movie dates or dinner dates, I use small girly bags. But big bags still rock my world. :P




ANNA: I saw! There's moleskine.ph pala! Too bad I have to get it online but at least free delivery. HEEH. :D Mmm, fountain pens. Yeah, I'm a big fan of needle sized pins. :P They make my handwriting look neater. :D

12:08 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

If you're anything like me... and well, it seems like it based on the length of your entries, the small Moleskine notebook/planner is REALLY small. :))

2:02 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

JOEY: whoa! then the standard notebook size nalang, then! :D

1:03 AM  
Blogger longbeard said...

Thinking of adding pens with the Moleskines.. =)

8:02 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

LONGBEARD: wow! interesting! :D

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home