the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Monday, January 10, 2005

i have obligations to face this week and thinking about them stresses me out already other than the headache i am having as of the moment because of the nap i took:

1. visit the ortho tomorrow (at long last!)
2. prepare my report for SOCSCI120 on friday / write a written summary in Filipino! (yeow!)
3. AS121 quiz (AGAIN!) on thursday
4. 2 exams on monday (the 17th) *pulls hair* there goes my weekend.
5. wednesday morning, blood tests.
6. on saturday, St. Luke's to see my doctor.

all these obligations! after monday next week, hopefully there won't be any exams for a long time (although i highly doubt it). oh, it's tuesday tomorrow which means that my temporary i.d. that i applied for last week might be ready! i lost my school i.d. that just sucks big time because the picture there was taken in freshman year and i look so, er, innocent? i lost it during registration and i hate myself for that because i can't enjoy the privileges of the Main Library at Diliman and the one at CAS UPM. i need an i.d. to borrow books (not that i borrow all the time, i need it for my reports). so yeah, it's such a hassle to not have a library card.

today was much fun! i love karaoke! :D haha! went to G-Box at Robinson's Ermita with my school friends while we killed time. was supposed to catch Ocean's 12 but i didn't feel like waiting for them until 4pm so the movie was moved until tomorrow. mitchie sang Rivermaya's 214 (i so love this song!), apple and i were ever bibo while singing 2 songs :) bwahaha! i chose closer you and i by gino padilla and eternal flame by the bangles. teehee. my all time favorite oldies! :) i remember singing eternal flame with my sister as a duet when i was kid. fun memories of the two of us including the disney classics like a whole new world and part of you world. my uncle liked sending us cassette tapes of disney soundtracks from the philippines all the way to myanmar when a friend goes home for vacation.

this morning was frickin' scary. i nearly got hit by an SUV! i was in a rush to get to campus. while i was crossing Padre Faura, i noticed that there were barricades and policemen who closed the street because there was a hoopla going on at the Supreme Court (probably the FPJ presidency appeal that his camp is fighting for). there were television station vans too. before i crossed i stopped because there was a blue SUV. but it stopped because the policement stopped it before entering the street so i went ahead and crossed. when i got to the middle of the street, this SUV started roaring and breaked just a few inches away from me! imagine the horror on my face and the palpitation of my heart! thank goodness for effective breaks, otherwise i could have died or maybe be paralyzed from waist down! people at the sidewalks who saw looked at me in horror. it was too mortifying but i didn't care. it scared the wits out of me! it wasn't my fault, i swear. i saw that it was safe to cross but this SUV started the engine just as i was crossing! it nearly gave me a heart attack.

i was so disturbed while entering the campus that i didn't hear Lariz calling out to me from behind. my head was spinning with a lot of oh-shit-i almost-got-hit-by-a-car-for-the-nth-time thoughts that it consumed my consciousness. ayayay! must be extra careful next time.

i thank my lucky stars that i didn't get runover by that blue SUV. otherwise i wouldn't be here right now without a scratch. yikes.

the incident reminded me of what Lanie (Angelina Jolie's character from Life, or Something Like It which i watched yesterday) said:

"Live each day as if it were your last because someday it will be."

amen to that!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gail Mallo said...

hey nina!!! balita? read the entries! hehe! :D mabuti naman!

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home