the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Friday, January 7, 2005

only had one hour of sleep last night, thanks to procrastination and my lazyheadedness. our three hour break was spent at the cafeteria studying and laughing and eating. it was so much fun. my friends also think that i have iron fists. these little hands are lethal, they said. iron fists did me good when i used to play volleyball. now it hurts my friends (literally!).


1. 2004 planner. this is my planner. that cheapo recycled paper planner i got from Papemelroti last year. i can't live without a planner. i tend to forget skeds for quizzes, exams, reportings, and other important details. 2. Paper for SOCSCI120. that's my paper for navarro's class. it's about myself, a supposed biography which i ended up not doing. i listed three important characteristics instead. colored it in rainbow colors because a rainbow best signifies my personality (although i can be really WICKED at times). 3. colorful lollipops i gave my friends. before the exams i handed out these colorful lollipops. sugar supposedly works well during exams :) so yeah, a little sugarush might've helped us answer the difficult exam this afternoon. 4. the inside of the cheapo planner. dates to remember :). lastly: that dork with a distorted face is me being dramatic about how sleepy i was this morning (at around 3am!)

today was pretty interesting because this lady asked me for directions on my way home and it turned out that she was going to where i was going too. she asked if she could go with me because she said she didn't know the place where she was supposed to meet her cousin who just flew in from abroad. during the ride she offered to pay for my fare (of course, i declined). then she started asking me where i studied. she went on telling me that her son is a graduate of U.P. Diliman and he's now working in Laguna. she even showed me a couple of pictures of her other 2 kids and her husband. then she told me about her son and his girlfriend. she asked me if i had a boyfriend. i said no. then she said, "good. study first." i noticed that all parents say the same thing. so anyway, she kept thanking me before i got down and she said that she wasn't going to ask for my name because i'd probably never see her again. she reminded me to walk up to her when i see her again just in case.

i meet random nice people during my rides to and from school. there was this one morning when i was running late for class. the lady who i sat next to only had 500 bucks and the FX driver didn't have change. she started fumbling her bag for loose change but she didn't have any. the driver didn't want to stop at a gas station either because there wasn't one on the way. i offered her my 10 pesos that she needed. she sheepishly shrugged it off at first and then i said it was okay because i hate it when that happens to me too. when she got down at Faura (my same stop), she called out to me and asked for my name. she asked if i was from UPM and i said yes. she gave me her name, she said she's a doctor at the PGH and she graduated from UPM too. she kept saying thank you like it was a big deal and i just smiled at her and said it was really nothing.

some people i know hate taking the public transportation to school. i think otherwise. yes, it sucks when you get mud between your toes during rainy days or get stuck in a traffic jam. but the fun part of it is that you are able to observe random people go about their lives and some would even strike you as interesting. believe me, i hear the most hilarious conversations inside the FX everyday as well as other tidbits you can't help overhear.

with all my experiences on taking the public transportation and the people that i've rode it with, i think i can even write a book and name it The Topsy-Turvy World Of Commuting.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Gail,

Happy New Year again. Commuting is fun! It gave me one of my most dramatic adventures - 'Ang pagsugod sa major baha' adventures that tested my flexibility as I struggled to go through the fence in the South Express way, met a walking companion and soaking wet in the middle of the night :-)
And also I got the chance to get the lastest news or showbiz buzz curtesy of the FX commuters. (keeps me updated)

Cess

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home