the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Sunday, January 9, 2005

i haven't actually talked about my faith probably because i was scared that it might stir a few clash of opinions here and there. but i think it's about time to open that up because afterall, this is my blog and i am in charge of what i feel like writing.

i don't claim to be religious. heck, i am anything but that. i don't go to church religiously (meaning every Sunday). yes, i am ashamed to say that out loud. some time after high school, questions about my faith started to emerge from out of nowhere. probably because i've been caught up in religious practices for so long (was raised a Roman Catholic by both my parents) that it became a way of life for me to hear mass every single Sunday. every Sunday is "family day" for the Limcumpaos where we go to church together as a family. i used to attend Sunday school at the local church and went through the the Sacraments that a child needed to undergo. i was a typical Christian.

i blame maturity when things started to change. i had questions and there were a lot of instances that tested my faith. sometimes i question God. but now that i'm in the right age to think straight and to know what i believe in or not, i've come to accept God WHOLLY. yes, i've engaged in debates with my non-Catholic friends because i had to defend what i believed in. but in the end i realized that it all boils down to not what kind of Christian you are or what other religion you are but how strong your faith is. God doesn't recognize who is worthy of being saved by religions: the Born Again, the Roman Catholic, or some other church.

i am a lost little girl trying to find her way back to His arms. i feel that having faith alone is not enough, i have to be more vocal about my FAITH. i am not religious, i am a sinner and i've hurt people for countless times that it's even too painful to track them all down. but the thing is, i want to be a better person not just in God's eyes but through people's eyes as well. i know i can't expect myself to fully transform into someone better right away but by starting with going back to HIM would mean a great deal.

that's why i came to a conclusion that everyday is challenge to be the best i can. not just as a PERSON but as a CHRISTIAN as well. with God guiding me along the way and with me offering my life to His hands, i'm sure he will navigate my ship and i will reach my destination.



Things in the past, things yet unseen
Wishes and dreams that are yet to come true
All of my heart, alll of my praise
My heart and my hands are lifted to you.

Lord, I offer my life to you
Everything I've been through
Use it for your glory
Lord I offer my days to you
Lifting my praise to you
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer you my life

-I Offer My Life, Don Moen


i read this from Mixz's blog. i love it because it's exactly what i want people to know.

I am a Christian
When I say... I am a Christian
I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin"
I'm whispering "I was lost
Now I'm found and forgiven."


When I say...I am a Christian
I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble
and need CHRIST to be my guide.


When I say...I am a Christian
I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak
and need HIS strength to carry on.


When I say... I am a Christian
I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed
and need God to clean my mess.


When I say... I am a Christian
I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible
but, God believes I am worth it.


When I say...I am a Christian
I still feel the sting of pain,
I have my share of heartaches
So I call upon His name.


When I say... I am a Christian
I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner
who received God's good grace, somehow.



i fervently pray to God that i won't lose track of my goal: to live a better Christian life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home