the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Monday, November 24, 2008

the cluttered life

We all live in a cluttered mess. My room has boxes of it. They are remnants of my college days in stacks of photocopied readings and materials that I used while I was writing my thesis, boxes of bags that I no longer use, and clothes inside my closet that are old, I don't wear anymore, or I've already outgrown. My nursing books are on top of a sidetable and another stack of nursing material readings is also growing each time I attend class.

I want to devote one day to throw away stuff that I don't need but everytime I try to do that, I can't make myself throw away a lot of pesos worth of college reading materials. For the clothes and bags, I can pick out the ones that I can donate (it's almost Christmas!) just so others could make use of them instead of just sleeping inside my closet.

Our brains are also a cluttered mess evertime. We think about school, we think about work, we think about a lot of things. Even while we're asleep the brain never stops thinking! Material things, they're easy to clean. Just organize everything or give away the stuff you no longer need and you'll be clutter free. Easy breezey. But when the brain gets cluttered, there's no vacuum that can suck away all that clutter. NO EASY WAY. Sleep may provide temporary relief for the stressed but there's no EASY remedy for a cluttered brain. It's just complicated.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

it's really not easy to throw away things(especially when u hav them 4 so many years) yet even if u no longer need them there's just this certain longing u feel, the stories and memories instilled in them.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home