the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

i'm right where i belong

There is a certain kind of tiredness that I like-- the one that I'm feeling right now. I feel like I can just curl under my blanket and hibernate until tomorrow morning but I'm still fighting the urge because it's still too early. I might wake up in the wee ours of the morning and then stay awake until morning. I can't be late tomorrow...it's day 2 of our orientation before clinicals start next week!

I got my duty assignment already, it's at a Female Surgical Ward in a hospital in Quezon City. I'm pretty psyched but scared out of my wits because it's my first hospital exposure. But I can't help but feel really happy too because finally I've found something that I really see myself doing for the rest of my life and I just can't believe that after all these years I still fulfilled my dream of wanting to work in a hospital. I know it's no walk in the park and I'm going to have to slave away to work hard to take care of people but there's a certain peace in knowing that I'm right where I belong. We went to our first day of orientation and lecture today in full clinical uniform (all white). It felt awkward to wear white stockings and white shoes at first but I love it more than my black shoes for lecture days because the white shoes are hella comfortable to walk in!

I've also made good friends with my batchmates and we actually hang out a lot. There's a favorite past time in the group-- BADMINTON! And it's quite addictive especially when my friends from school play well. We're usually dog tired after two hours of playing but it makes me feel good to stay active including usual visits to the gym with Alej. I'm playing again tomorrow after a whole day of another orientation/lecture before the school sends us off to our first rotation, our very first exposure to the hospital scene. For my other batchmates, they're going to the community. I'm actually psyched that I got to be in a group that's going to be based in a hospital first because I love hospitals (lets see if the so-called "hardcore scenarios" will change that a couple of months from now). But I doubt that it will. I feel that I'm going to be in love with the profession more than I already am now!

My duty is from 6AM-2PM. I'll have to wake up in the wee hours of the morning that's why I have to practice parking in just one week because I won't have a choice but to take the car with me otherwise I take a cab at 5AM in the morning. NO THANK YOU. I have a week to do it and I'm actually determined that I will learn in one week. IT'S JUST PARKING, GAIL! Besides, the hospital is just near my place so lets hope that gas prices won't hurt my well-laid plan.

And I'm off! Someone's going to have a very good night's sleep tonight.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ayzprincess said...

good luck on your first exposure gail :D

and with the parking too!

im glad that you're finally getting to do what you want. your patients will be lucky to have you as a nurse, eye candy na, magaling pa :D ahhaha

9:36 PM  
Blogger Dei Vy said...

so, how was first day of clinicals??
i felt excited the way you described how you felt about it.

anyway, i used to practice parking on the very top of the parking structure of the mall i used to work at. haha. i don't know if it's like that there but people here are too lazy to drive all the way on top just to park. it was easier for me cuz there weren't cars to hit in case i miscalculated or anything. yeah.. it's just parking.. you'll get the hang of it. it's pretty easy.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home