the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

notes from a sleepyhead (without caffeine)

I should get back to drinking cranberry juice like a fish because my left kidney is hurting again. I Googled why cranberry is good for the kidney and found out that it has natural antibiotics that can literally flush away toxins. Isn't nature generous for providing natural antibiotics?

Anyway, I realized yesterday that I cannot function without caffeine during the day. Coffee, in particular. I always start my day with boiling or microvwaving a mug of coffee. But yesterday I left the house before doing that because I ran errands with Alej and then caught a movie. Without coffee. I've never been that sleepy in a long long time, not if you want to count the times I took medication that can cause drowsiness. So yesterday I was so sleepy that I wanted to crawl instead of walk. All I wanted to do was to curl under my blanket and hibernate but I couldn't so I downed a large cup of iced Coke. It did work, alright. But Meet the Spartans made me sleepy again. Not recommended.

It's either the lack of caffeine that made me drowsey or high blood sugar. I don't know which of the two. The blood sugar monitor thing that my mother left me is still unused because I don't know how to reset the thing. I must ask for help. Or Google. That's what I usually do when I can't find user manuals or when tinkering with the thing proves to be a failure (which happens everytime).

Going back to cranberry juice. I wonder if a combination of raspberry-cranberry is effective as just drinking cranberry alone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home