the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Friday, January 4, 2008

first blog for 2008



HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Yesterday I received the best New Year's message ever from the greatest writer to ever walk the planet, Neil Gaiman:

"May your 2008 be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful.
And don't forget to make some art: write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can.
And I hope somewhere next year you surprise yourself."


Anything he says is MAGIC. I hope he knows that. This quote just totally made my day yesterday because it's exactly the way I want to live this year and all the other years ahead.

This is pretty late. Haha! Hey look! It's my first post for 2008! Four years of blogging. WOW.

Anyway, my New Year was well spent with family and friends. On New Year's eve it was with family (Tito Ninong, Tito John, Tito Boyce, Mommy and Daddy) and then after Medya Noche it was with friends (Rad, Hans, Egy, and Erica and Alej too). So yeah. We had our annual fire works "competition" against that big yellow house across the street. And WE WON THIS YEAR! HAHA! It was so much fun. The not-so fun part was when some of the flakes from the fireworks got into my left eye. I had to run into the house I was so scared I'd go blind or something.

And then on New Year's Day Kuya John's parents invited Alej and I to their celebration/family dinner. It was fun especially after that when we went to BF Paranaque and food-tripped on Hot Shots cheeseburger and potato wedges and then shawarma after. Whew. The holidays. It was all about eating!

Here are photos:








More photos at my Multiply. =)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger jon go said...

wow! what a perfect message! it really is magic!!!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Maria Bella said...

Great pics! You guys look so happy, it surely made my day :) Miss you guys most during the holidays~ Happy 2008!!!!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home