the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Friday, December 28, 2007

2008 to-do list

I don't believe in resolutions. Just a to-do list to accomplish during the year, mostly things that I weren't able to accomplish that I'd really want to scratch off my list in 2008:

1. LEARN HOW TO DRIVE!
2. Go to the gym. (Doctor's orders to manage hypertension and shoo away diabetes)
3. NEVER EVER SEE A HOSPITAL ROOM OR EMERGENCY ROOM AGAIN (at least not within the year).
4. Stay healthy, eat healthy, live healthy. (Seriously!)
5. Learn how to manage finances (or lack thereof).
6. Bake more and cook more.
7. Bring Ala to the dog groomers at Tiendesitas so I can bring her out more (Tiendesitas, Bonifacio High Street, Greenbelt, Eastwood, and all the dog-friendly places).
8. Reduce Ala's weight. She's three years old and her vet said she needs to lose 3 pounds so she can finally have pups.
9. Write more. Shoot more.
10. Make a scrapbook with lots of photos in it!
11. Travel the Philippines more (Bohol, Baguio-- uh huh I miss it, Davao -- hello, Van! and Cebu)
12. Study hard (because I'm about to bury my head in books again next year and because I did so-so in my undergraduate life for the lack of enthusiasm for math, I will try to prove myself that I'm better this time).

Speaking of cooking, I cooked dinner today. Two dishes and there were only two of us who ate (our housekeeper and me). There was too much food but it was fun to eat, nevertheless. I'm not a fan of my cooking but when the dish is good, you forget that you hate to eat without company and everything tastes good. Maybe it's because I cooked ginisang amplaya and pork steak and both are my favorites. Heeh.

Tra-la-la. I'm going to spend more time in the kitchen once I get the oven cleaned and once I've shopped for baking stuff for my cupcakes and cookies. Oh, Mama's brownies too. That's pretty ambitious but I'd like to think that I'm the one who's going to get my mother's good cooking skills.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger JUN said...

learning to cook? oh uh, or are you preparing for the inevitable--you know--as Mrs._____ hehehe lol.
pork chop is my favorite.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

TITO JUN: haha! of course not! matagal pa po yun!

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home