the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas with the Orphans

So my Christmas didn't turn out so blue afterall! Thanks to my high school friends who were orphans for Christmas as well. When I say "orphans", it's a joke of course. I mean, I half mean it because their parents are also out of the country.

We didn't plan the whole thing-- spending Christmas together. It started on December 23 when Cara texted me early in the morning to tell me that I was godmother to Omar's daughter, Julia Maragaret. I was so shocked that I had to get ready quickly so that I could hitch a ride with Darwin and Cara. I was tired from the three-day shopping spree that Alej and I did. Christmas traffic was so horrible that we had to start early in the morning to avoid traffic jam. So anyway, my other high school friends went to the baptism and after the lunch at Giligan's we all went to Starbucks at Bonifacio High Street to hang out. That's when we talked about how to spend Christmas and since the boys had no place to go for Christmas eve, Cara and I decided to "adopt " them. I said they could stay at my place before Christmas eve so that's what we did! From The Fort we drove to Trinoma because Winston and the Omega brothers had to go home and pick up their things for the overnight (which turned out to be four days HAHA!).

It was fun having them around. The next day we went to Christmas mass together and occupied one pew! For Noche Buena they all went to Cara's place and right after they came back home to hang out and have a few drinks. I had Noche Buena with my family at my grandmother's place.

What a fun Christmas! They stayed for two days more just hanging around. They love Ala so much that when they left they said goodbye to Ala first and not to me. HMP! Haha!

Anyway, this Christmas definitely proved that we'd always have each other when all else fails and they are my second family. I love my friends!

Onto some more pictures...


Julia Margaret's Baptism






Christmas Eve






Last night with the orphans (Dinner at Hugo's)





More photos HERE!

I hope you had a fun Christmas as well. =)

1 Comments:

Blogger JUN said...

we had fun--visit my blog and you'll see. i'm glad you're healthy and without worry.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home