the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

i'm going to let my light shine

One of the things that I love-hate (I can't decide) the most about myself is that I have too many interests. I want to do everything in such a short time so I end up indecisive. I think I scare my parents too much because of my flip-flopping from one decision to the next but I think this time I know what I want and I'm willing to work hard to get it.

Nelson Mandela could not have said it any better (read post below). I want to shoot my fist up into the air and shout, "WAY TO GO!" and hug him like a teddy bear for reading my mind. What a brilliant thing to say (referring to the writing below)! Going back to what I was saying, it's not that I'm indecisive all the time. I just want to do a lot of things because a lot of things interest me. I am very passionate about my interests, therefore, I am passionate about a lot of things too. So you see, it gets very confusing especially if it's a future you have to make decisions for. Especially if it's MY future.

It scares me too, of course. I think about what people would think about mistakes if I do make more along the way. Of course, there will be more mistakes but the thing is, if maturity taught me one thing, it's NOT TO CARE TOO MUCH ABOUT OTHERS especially because this is my life. If you do something good, people will talk. If you do something bad, people will still talk. So why bother trying to impress them? So one of my (many) philosophies in life is to not care about what others will think as long as I'm not hurting anyone.

I'm glad because this epiphany that I encountered is making me look things clearly now. I'm also happy because there's another big thing to be excited about and we all know that these little "excitements" are what life is about-- it makes us look forward to tomorrow, it gives us hope, it gives us inspiration to take on whatever bad thing that's going to come our way.

And I'm not going to be scared to shine. I'm not going to be scared to be a go-getter, to outshine other people's expectations of me, and to take leaps of faith. I am a Leo and "the Lion" is never afraid. People are afraid of the Lion-- of its stength and its bravery. There's so much to live up for being a Lion and all but it gives me inspiration as well because I am strong. Probably more stronger than I ever thought I was.

* * *


Here are photos from Tito Lynn's birthday dinner at Cafe Juanita, Kapitolyo, Pasig last Saturday:







Yeah. Good food, good company, yummy dessert! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home