the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Saturday, October 9, 2004

is it really Saturday? how come i don't feel it?

hey. i'm still in Manila. at RP, to be exact. i'm waiting for my article to be edited by the EIC. i don't know what i did wrong for me to be working and stressed out on a saturday night. i can't believe it. i should be resting at home but nooo, i'm still here in Manila! one hour away from home!

i didn't know that it was obvious how stressful the past few days were from the way i wrote about it. but yeah, it has been stressful. throw in personal issues and you have a one harrassed Gail. to the people who just met me, i'm not really like this. normally i take things one at a time. but when obstacles are thrown your way at once, you can't imagine how fast you can snap!

thank God my supposed first final (which i sort of studied for but didn't quite absorbed what i reviewed last night) for the day got postponed. when i got to school my classmates said that our professor bumped his car so he's going to make the exam a take home exam instead. i'm happy for us but sad for our prof. poor guy.

no words can explain how long this day was. spent the entire morning with Jo trying to review for our STS final. bumped into Nic at Wendy's. forgot that i was in a public place when i shouted "Niccolllllle!". she sat with us and boy can she really eat FAST. we all were stressed out. quizzes (for nicole) and exams for me and Jo. we tried to study while i ranted about what was going on with my life. it's always pleasant bumping into old friends. these are the people who really know you.

fast forward to late afternoon, walked to the school paper office after the STS final. my head hurt after. i was so disappointed that i didn't get exempted for the POLSCI160 final when i badly wanted to bail out of the final. i got really depressed so i walked to the office with a frown on my face. my mantra for the days was: "It's okay... there will be better days..." (repeat 10 times..deep breaths in between...). pathetic, huh? but it really helped. biting my lower lip helped me from crying like a baby while walking. too many bad things happening at once. it was so draining. then when i got to the office my article wasn't for lay-out but i had to revise it because it's way overdue already. then apple texted me. i told her what i was feeling. i was way stressed and i wanted to cry. she said a lot of comforting words and i told her: please don't say that you'll make me snap and i did. i snapped like twig when she came up to the 4th floor office and i cried. i finally let myself cry. it's so hard to keep all that tension in the chest. apple listened while i told her that i didn't even know why i was crying anymore because there were too many reasons to cry. we went to Ice Monster and shared a Brownie Fudge over a conversation that made me feel better. Thanks, Apple! thanks for being there for me and listening to my endless rants.

things that made me sad:
1. the fact that i'm taking the POLSCI160 final (i'm scared!)
2. the fact that i have to be here on a Saturday night! (i need more sleep!)
3. my 1 hour ride back home later (i'm tired!)
4. personal issues (yeah right)
5. more finals on monday and tuesday (can someone shoot me now?)

i'm stressed. it's like there's this never-ending tunnel. i can see the light but it's taking me too long to get there.

adios! i'm going back to the office to see if the article is good for layout. if not, i don't know what i would do. faint, perhaps?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home