the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, October 5, 2004

i want a Lomo LCA

according to my sister, "You ruined my day!" (referring to me, of course). ah well. i just had to make that phone call and give her a piece of my mind about her keeping 2 sim cards (one's for Sun and the other for Globe) because Sun has this unlimited call promo. the thing is, it's so hard to contact her. so there. i officially suck.

anyway, i've been surfing the Lomography website and i want a Lomo LCA camera. only, i don't know if it's available here in the Philippines because it's Russian and Lomo isn't really widely used here in the Philippines (or so i thought?). so if you have any idea where i can inquire, please do let me know. in hopes of getting my pictures Lomo-ish, i tried this at Photoshop:


taken during summer of 2004 (the best summer ever!)


this picture got me thinking, i wonder where i will be during the sembreak. it would be great to go beach-hopping again. i love roadtrips!

shoulda, woulda, coulda


this morning i saw my former grade school (4th-5th grade) classmate Amado. i do know that he lives around here so i wasn't surprised when i saw him. i wanted to say hi. i really did. but i was too shy to call out his name and say, "hi! i'm Gail! remember me?" because i'm not used to approaching former classmates whenever i see them these days. plus, lets not forget the fact that i used to beat the guy up in front of ALL our classmates. i wonder if he recognized me. it has been 5 or more years already. he still looks the same. i know i do not. i used to be stick thin, shy, and 4-eyed in grade school. i was the geek in grade school (some things never change) but i had my fair share of friends. i knew everyone and i was a friend to everyone. i just wasn't one of the popular girls.

but this morning it looked like he recognized me somehow because he looked at me too. i was about to call out his name but i hesitated and then as if on cue, my ride came.

i should have walked up to him and said hi. afterall, these days now that everyone's in college, it's seldom that i get to bump into former grade school friends. ah well. lets just hope there will be a "next time".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home