the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

the big dreamer and sky gazer

i love looking at the skies especially when big fluffly clouds loom ahead like giant white cotton candies. when i was younger i used to play the guess-what-that-cloud-looks-like game. it always thrilled me to spot a rabbit-shaped cloud or a cloud that looks like a ship! it was awesome, i tell you. my sister and i picked our favorite clouds in the car during long trips to the province to shoo away boredom.

now that i'm 19, i still love looking at the sky even when there are no clouds around. no matter what color it is- blue or gray, or the magnificent shades of sunrise and sunset, i still love staring at the vast horizon in awe. during my long rides home to and from school i would stare out the window and look up, all the while admiring how pretty the sky is. sometimes i would imagine that i brought my camera with me and i would pick the best angle to point my camera at. but that seldom happens in fright of getting my camera stolen in a public transportation vehicle (hehe).

so imagine my delight when i saw the lovely shades of sunrise this morning after my shower. i woke up at past 5 after the alarm went off two times. i grumpily and lazily went to shower. while i was going back up the stairs, i looked out the window on the second floor. i was mesmerized by what i saw. the sun was rising. i ran to the room and frantically searched for my camera, not wanting to miss a single second as the sun was rising... and then when i found my camera, i clicked away like a little child trying out her camera for the first time.







wasn't the sunrise this morning lovely? everyday i am thankful for the mere fact that i get to see the sunrise again. i always thought i was not a morning person because i like sleeping a lot. but after today i now like the fact that i get to see the sunrise no matter how early i must wake up for my classes.

four words: what. a. wonderful. world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home