the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

confessions of a book-a-holic

when i'm in the bookstore, i'm like a little child in a candy store.

i hate and love bookstores. how can this be?

I hate bookstores because they make me want to get everything I want from the shelves but the thing is, books aren't cheap, you know. i don't understand why they have to be expensive when it's good for the brain. books are highly entertaining and educational (yes, i know you know that).

I love bookstores because like I said, I'm like a little kid in a candystore. I don't know. Maybe because books have different worlds in each of them and it's just fascinating and exciting at the same time.

so today when i went to the bookstore, my heart leapt in elation (not exaggerating, mind you) when i saw that they stocked up on books. they finally have all the books that i want, the ones that i've been reading up on (reviews and synopses) on amazon. it's torture to see lots of books that you like only to find out that they aren't available in the local bookstores.

so yes, i saw all the books that i want today:

1. The Bridge of San Luis Rey (for a thin book, it costs 400++ bucks)
2. The Secret Life of Bees (again, for a thin book... it costs 900++)
3. The Life of Pi (i forgot how much this is)
4. The Five People You Meet in Heaven (i want!!!!)

yes, i will get those books within this year. i must! i can't wait for sembreak because by then i won't have to spend on anything unlike the way i spend my allowance on schooldays. by then i can go on a book binge.

but i should be happy because i finally got Stargirl by Gerry Spinelli. nothing like a good read on a quiet tuesday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home